Before we share what our exciting plans for 2016 are,
we would like to thank our donors and partners for the
strong results we had in 2015. With support from donors
large and small in 2015, we are able to continue to provide
workshops, leadership support, and capacity building services.
And with that support, here’s a look at 2015 by the numbers:
- 126: Organizations received direct support to improve their effectiveness and efficiency.
- 21: After school organizations working to improve services to kids through a Department of Youth and Community Development Program.
- 10: Business improvement districts that the Support Center is helping grow their donor base, expand their board and measure their results.
- 19: Community organizations in Newark, NJ that we are supporting with one-on-one consulting projects.
- 17: Organizations assisted in understanding the risks of CEO transitions through Executive Search and Transition Management service and Interim Executive Placements.
- 32: Experienced executives gaining knowledge about the role of an Interim CEO through our Interim Executive Training.
1,650:Executive nonprofit leaders and managers build their knowledge and skills though more than 120 workshops/webinars/panels representing over 600 nonprofit organizations.
Other highlights from 2015:
- Expanded our work in the sector promoting “organizational redesign” as an option for building strength, voice, and effectiveness in our communities, helping the nonprofit community understand its full-range of options regarding redesign.
- Increased our efforts to build better governance – increasing Board member’s understanding of redesign options for nonprofit board members and deeping a targeted partnership with BoardSource (Washington, D.C.) to enhance this effort.
- Increased the number and range of tools and resources for the sector. We utilized our website, e-news, and Journal for Nonprofit Management as vehicles to provide resources and tactics to guide and support boards, leaders of nonprofit organizations, and specialists dedicated to helping nonprofit organizations in their transition, turnaround, and restructuring work.
- Developed stronger, more engaged working relationships with other providers such as the Human Services Council, Community Resource Exchange, Grantmakers for Effective Organizations, the Lawyers Alliance, and Third Sector New England.
- Developed new working relationships with funders including the JPMorgan Chase Foundation, NYC Department of Youth and Community Development, Small Business Services, and the Victoria Foundation.