Case Study: Executive Search
Agreement on organizational goals help lead to “unanimous Board agreement on the right leader”
The FoodBank of Monmouth and Ocean Counties mission is to alleviate hunger and build food security in Monmouth and Ocean Counties. The FoodBank distributes approximately 7 million pounds annually through a network of 260 feeding programs, such as soup kitchens, food pantries, and shelters. One out of every ten people living in Monmouth and Ocean Counties receives food from The FoodBank.
The Support Center assisted the FoodBank in several ways including Strategic Planning, Executive Search and Transition and the implementation of its strategic plan. Our work also included responding effectively to the organizational leadership challenges posed by Superstorm Sandy.
We helped the FoodBank to:
- Clarify and refine its mission, vision and priority goals and objectives,
- Align the Board of Directors and the staff on the mission, vision and priority goals for the next five years,
- Identify, recruit and hire a new Executive Director with the skills and experience needed to carry out their plans,
- Develop the leadership, ownership and ambassadorship qualities of the Board of Directors,
- Effectively respond to the overwhelming community needs after Superstorm Sandy and play a leadership role in the resourcing and re-building of Monmouth and Ocean Counties following the storm.
“Serving on the Transition/Search Committee was a tremendous learning experience for me, one I wished I had years ago. The Support Center’s process helped the Committee to have important conversations and make needed decisions that ultimately led to unanimous Board agreement on the right leader”
Joseph Casella, Transition/Search Committee Member
“The Support Center was invaluable in using the time gap between Executive Directors as an opportunity to identify the criteria we most needed in our next leader to support our vision for Monmouth and Ocean Counties. Having an outside facilitator focus our attention and use our criteria to discern the best candidates maximized our time and sustained the energy we brought to this important task”
Denise Anderson, Board Member, and Transition/Search Committee Chairperson
To learn more or discuss your organization’s needs contact, Xander Subashi, Associate Director of Programs.