ABOUT THE SUPPORT CENTER
The Support Center for Nonprofit Management is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization created as part of an international network of management support organizations (Support Centers of America) originally established in 1971. We have been a trusted partner to nonprofits in the greater tri-state area (NJ/NY/CT) for more than 25 years in the region and are proud to partner with over 100 nonprofits each year on workshops, trainings, consultancies and executive search and transition engagements. www.supportcenteronline.org.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Based in New York, NY (and at times in our Newark, NJ office)., the Operations Associate will report to the Associate Executive Director and work with a dynamic team of seven other core staff plus 25+ affiliate consultants and facilitators. The position is full time and an exciting opportunity to learn more about nonprofit operations, data and technology. The position includes full health insurance, paid leave, and retirement benefits. Salary is $40,000-$45,000 per annum depending on salary history and experience. Proposed starting date is October 16, 2017.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Support Center seeks a full-time Operations Associate with a strong interest in technology and data analysis to assist with contracting, data management and reporting across our growing portfolio of government contracts, consulting, and executive transition work. As part of the operations team, duties will include:
- Ensuring that all data on program activities and outcomes is entered by relevant staff completely and correctly using the Salesforce platform. This will include weekly, monthly, and quarterly data analysis and review;
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses on programs and report results to senior management;
- Keeping current on current trends in Salesforce database design, programming and reporting that may be relevant to the Support Center’s needs and train staff on best practices;
- Research local and national capacity building trends related to outcomes, target populations and opportunities for program growth and development, as well as the outcomes of peer programs and organizations;
- In coordination with peers across similar organizations, assess current data structures and recommend improvements based on the needs of the organization and the program. Implement those changes and work with other staff as appropriate;
- Maintain regular communication with government and foundation program officers and coordinate appropriate submissions (e.g. invoices, program reports, evaluations);
- Support Associate Executive Director by writing proposals and agreements as needed
- Partner with Director of Finance and Operations and Associate Executive Director to oversee overall contract management and budget allocation;
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Strong interest in technology, data and analysis including a willingness to take on the role of Salesforce expert within our organization;
- Curiosity as to how other organizations manage similar data and desire to drive projects and reporting improvements forward;
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and adapt to a fast-paced and changing environment;
- Excellent people skills (i.e., customer service) and ability to relate to a diverse team;
- Personal characteristics: Value a team-oriented environment, hard worker and multi-tasker, quick learner, strong attention to detail, flexible, honest and reliable, and in possession of a sense of humor.
- Prior experience with Salesforce and data management is a must.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send the following documents no later than October 31, 2017 to [email protected]: resume, cover letter and writing sample. Please write “Operations Associate” as the subject heading.