Candid has an exciting opportunity for a motivated, self-starter to manage a broad variety of responsibilities for the CEO and executive leadership team.
Position: Executive Assistant to the CEO
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Downtown NYC
Candid is looking for an executive assistant to manage the office of the chief executive officer and play a critical role in harnessing the joint forces of Foundation Center and GuideStar to provide people with the information they need to do good. The executive assistant will ensure the smooth functioning of the CEO’s office and that the time and energy of the CEO and executive team are effectively applied towards the highest impact activities. This position provides opportunities to participate in high-level projects, work closely with every department, and have broad exposure to both internal and external senior executives and activities. The ideal candidate would proactively seek out new ways to contribute to Candid’s work.
Manage calendar and schedule meetings for the CEO, exercising thoughtful judgment on priorities.
Assist in scheduling cross-departmental and external meetings for members of the executive team.
Ensure that the CEO and other members of the executive team are promptly advised of priority matters. Screen phone calls, review mail, and respond to routine requests for information.
Ensure the CEO has appropriate materials in advance of meetings, including agenda and briefing documents, coordinating with internal and external stakeholders as appropriate.
Make travel arrangements for the CEO and executive team gatherings.
Provide logistical support for on-site and off-site meetings and other special events.
· Work collaboratively with the CEO on documents, presentations, and correspondence including thought partnership on content, drafting messages, meticulously managing style and formatting, proofreading, and light editing.
· Support staff-wide events and CEO/executive team participation.
Represent Candid internally and externally consistent with the organization’s values.
Proactively identify opportunities to improve the functioning of the CEO’s office, communications with Candid staff, and overall organizational health and effectiveness.
Seek out and take on special projects as assigned.
· A minimum of three years’ applicable work experience (previous administrative experience preferred) with a history of excellence.
· Demonstrated track record of exceptional organizational skills including managing competing priorities, quick follow through, attention to detail, and ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate ideas effectively, to listen to others’ ideas, and to collaborate to arrive at great solutions.
· Ability to manage complex projects while exercising good judgment and identifying creative solutions when needed.
· Technically proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, and other office productivity tools. Willing and able to independently learn new technical skills as needed.
· Ability to interact comfortably with high-level individuals, build strong relationships, and set others at ease.
· Must handle confidential information with the utmost integrity.
· A passionate belief in Candid’s mission and a commitment to our core values: we’re driven, direct, accessible, curious, and inclusive.
· Ability to research and analyze issues and to prepare a range of memos, reports, proposals, and other documents.
· College degree strongly preferred; equivalent experience will also be considered.
· Sensitivity and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural differences.
· Champions and represents Candid’s core values: We’re driven, direct, accessible, curious, and inclusive.
· Willingness to perform other duties and special projects as needed/requested.
See the world. Make it better.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, we connect people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Our data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our
talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
On February 1, 2019, Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid,
a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
How to apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
For more information on positions available at Candid, please visit our website: https://candid.org/about/work-at-candid
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com