Candid has a part-time opportunity for an HR professional with a proven track record in developing and maintaining effective human capital initiatives to support organizational culture and values.
Position: Senior Human Resources Manager
Reporting to: Vice President of Talent
Supervises: Human Resources Specialist
Location: Flexible (remote or onsite in one of Candid’s offices in New York, NY; Washington D.C.; Cleveland, OH; or Williamsburg, VA)
In collaboration with the VP of Talent, provide strategic advice, tactical direction, and proactive management of policies and procedures. Effectively manage a variety of special projects that implement best in industry practices and create integrated human capital solutions. Assist in maintaining efficient and effective human capital initiatives for all divisions and departments.
· Special Projects: Lead various HR-related projects and initiatives to support a high performing and diverse workforce. Responsible for defining project plans, scope, timelines, progress, and deliverables, while collaborating and communicating effectively with HR colleagues and other organizational stakeholders.
· Budgeting: Create and manage the talent division’s human resources annual budget.
· Compensation: Execute all compensation analysis and PayScale compensation reports; maintain title matrix and ongoing analysis.
· Policy Updates and Communication: Provide primary oversight of the employee handbook, including communicating updates and maintaining a comprehensive range of national and state specific people policies that make Candid a desirable place to work, are aligned with strategic priorities and principles, and are kept up to date and in line with current legal guidance and best practices.
· Metrics and Data Management: Create and maintain an HR Dashboard with key human capital metrics. Lead the planning and tracking of the Talent Division’s OKRs and goals.
· Culture Engagement: Work with the HR team and employees throughout the organization to champion culture building initiatives that support employee engagement and retention.
· Special ad-hoc projects and assignments.
· 10+ years of Human Resources experience at the management level.
· Proven HR professional with sound business judgment, analytical skills, and the ability to think strategically and translate plans into phased actions.
· Prior experience managing HR-related projects, task forces, and advisory groups, including overseeing strategy, handling tactical details, preparing communication materials, and driving implementation plans.
· A self-starter with a positive attitude and a reputation for bringing fresh perspectives to problem solving.
· Excellent communication both written and verbal.
· Confident, proactive attitude and exceptional interpersonal skills, demonstrating professionalism in all dealings.
· Evidence of interest in and commitment to the success of Candid.
· Proven ability to deal with confidential matters with discretion.
· Champions and represents Candid’s core values: We’re driven, direct, accessible, curious, and inclusive.
· Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects and detail/deadline orientation.
· College degree strongly preferred; equivalent experience will also be considered.
· Sensitivity and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural differences.
See the world. Make it better.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, we connect people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Our data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our
talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
On February 1, 2019, Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid,
a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
How to apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
For more information on positions available at Candid, please visit our website: https://candid.org/about/work-at-candid
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org