Candid is looking for a key member of the Global Partnerships team to contribute to Candid’s international expansion as we seek to further develop the infrastructure of the social sector, build a culture of data sharing, and in so doing drive transparency and efficiency throughout the global philanthropic sector. The ideal candidate thrives in a multicultural setting and is passionate about fostering authentic connections with a multitude of stakeholders. The Global Partnerships Manager will own key relationships and directly contribute to Candid’s global strategies.
Position: Global Partnerships Manager
Reporting to: Director of Global Partnerships
Location: Remote considered; Preference given to applicants located near one of Candid’s offices in New York, NY; Washington D.C.; Cleveland, OH; Atlanta, GA; or Williamsburg, VA)
Candid supports the social sector by getting stakeholders the information they need to make the most informed decisions in order to maximize social impact. Candid’s Global Partnerships team is charged with leveraging learnings and best practices acquired over decades of working in the U.S. philanthropic sector and applying our knowledge to international regions where we can support and contribute towards social sector ecosystem development.
The Global Partnerships team oversees the scaling of our organization’s information pipeline internationally. We do this through the establishment of medium and long-term strategic relationships with philanthropic organizations, governmental agencies, multi-lateral agencies, and with the broader social sector – as well as the infrastructure groups/associations that support them. We work alongside our partners to identify and solve their local needs and challenges through mutually beneficial ideas and measurable results.
Candid’s global work is integral to our 2030 vision, and we seek a thoughtful, culturally fluent, and energetic team player with ‘lived’ experience to bring this vision to life.
The Global Partnerships Manager brings a deep understanding of the social sector in diverse country settings. Success will be measured based on the candidate’s ability to realize an organizational vision, while delivering Candid’s products, programs, and services as solutions to global audiences.
· Play an active role in designing and shaping Candid’s Global Strategy in support of our organization’s 2030 vision and goals. Candidates must be strong collaborators and communicators, working cross-departmentally with colleagues across the organization as well as a multitude of international partners and key stakeholders.
· Contribute to the development, launch, and stewardship of an org-wide partnership/network model that offers a clear value proposition and systemized points of entry for various partner types across the globe.
· Provide input, design, and/or delivery of specific programs, projects, and products that support our global outreach. Examples include the launch of Candid’s first international iteration of its nonprofit/NGO profiles (or their equivalent); data-oriented capacity building workshops in Europe, Asia, Africa, or other regions with partners; and the aggregation of COVID-19 efforts by philanthropy across the globe.
· Represent Candid as a thought leader to the field, while maintaining strong ambassadorship of the Global Partnership team internally at Candid. External examples include participation in advisory roles, conference speaking opportunities, and digital engagements (blogs, webinars, etc.). Internally, this includes but is not limited to presentations to the Executive Team, Board of Trustees, and at various other team/org-wide convenings.
· Monitor the global philanthropic/social sector and development landscape and help to shape Candid’s data driven response and approach accordingly.
· In collaboration with teams across Candid, work to improve the quality assurance and methodological procedures for global philanthropic and civil society data.
· Coordinate with Communications and Marketing staff on best practices for using social media and the web to ensure Candid’s global vision is effectively disseminated through various channels and that a global ‘voice’ is heard and embedded in how Candid communicates.
· Co-manage Global Partnership objectives and key results (OKRs), including input of data and tracking to achieve the goals of the “Real Places” Candid Strategy.
· Participate in Candid-wide initiatives, contributing inputs in support of key decision-making activities, maintaining feedback loops, and managing change as needed.
· Adept at fostering deep human connections in order to successfully manage key strategic relationships with international partners as well as values aligned affinity groups tackling global societal issues. Examples include: Human Rights, Democracy, Racial Equity, Disaster Philanthropy, and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
· Manage efforts to grow Candid’s global data and knowledge base through the management and cultivation of partnerships around the world.
o Develop, facilitate, and maintain partnership opportunities with philanthropic foundations and networks, civil society/social sector organizations, multilateral organizations, government agencies, national statistics offices, academia, and think tanks.
o Ensure close alignment and synergy with Candid’s Products and Insights divisions as it relates to regional/country-specific priorities related to data collection efforts, ensuring Candid’s investments deliver mutual return on investment based on agreed upon key performance indicators and OKRs.
· Work with partners to ensure philanthropy and the broader social sector have access to the knowledge and data needed to inform programming and funding decisions, and to shape policy and systems. Examples of activities include virtual and/or in-person convenings and workshops related to general data-capacity building and a mutual exchange of information; strategic promotion and dissemination of Candid resources to targeted regions, countries, and partners.
· Contribute to efforts to acquire funding for relevant international projects, including concept note/proposal writing, narratives, outcomes, and budget management where necessary; develop contracts and addendums for global data efforts and/or partnerships.
· Work with philanthropy and the social sector domestically and globally to help the sector understand the Sustainable Development Goals and other relevant frameworks to their own funding, programming, data needs, outcomes and impact.
· Inform the design of internal business rules to manage partner relationships through formal Candid systems (Salesforce, etc.).
· 3+ years of experience in international development, the social sector, or related field.
· Experience and ability in successfully managing partnerships with C-suite executives and organizational leaders.
· Passion for the use of data, research, and technology to improve the practice of philanthropy and the social sector.
· Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Candid’s mission.
· Multilingual and multicultural candidates with significant work experience outside the U.S. strongly preferred.
o English is the working language of this position; however, fluency in another language, both written and oral would be preferred, with a preference for Spanish and/or French speakers.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills that demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, agility, cultural and emotional intelligence, and a collaborative spirit. Knowledge of and interest in data management, data analysis, research, and visualization would be advantageous.
· Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mentality that thrives in a fast-paced environment. Adept at navigating ambiguity and creating process and structure when needed.
· Strong organizational and planning skills and an understanding that collaboration and accountability are critical.
· Proficiency with SAS, SQL, and data visualization is a plus.
· A moderate amount (20-30%) of international travel may be required when safe to do so.
· A sense of humor and intellectual curiosity are welcomed and appreciated.
· Advanced degrees are strongly preferred, particularly in fields related to International Development, Public Policy, or International Relations; equivalent experience will also be considered.
· Sensitivity and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural differences.
· Champions and represents Candid’s core values: We’re driven, direct, accessible, curious, and inclusive.
· Willingness to perform other duties and special projects as needed/requested.
See the world. Make it better.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, we connect people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Our data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our
talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
On February 1, 2019, Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid,
a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
How to apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
For more information on positions available at Candid, please visit our website: https://candid.org/about/work-at-candid
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com