Website Futures and Options
DATA AND EVALUATION MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
Since 1995, Futures and Options has empowered New York City’s youth, particularly youth of color and students from historically underrepresented communities, to acquire transferable professional skills, pursue higher education, and successfully compete in a global 21st century economy. We collaborate with New York City employers to provide transformative career development opportunities to young people, enabling them to succeed in college and inspiring them to pursue meaningful careers.
Our programs include: The Internship Program, which provides paid, mentored internships and career development workshops to students age 16 to 19 years old; Career Essentials, our hands-on career-readiness and career exploration program that provides opportunities for students to practice and improve their interpersonal, communication, and other relevant work-related skills; the Externship Experience, a remote career exploration and skill-building program focused on growing industries; the College Guidance Initiative, which helps students navigate the college application and selection process; and Alumni Engagement Programming, which provides continued work-readiness, career exploration, and networking opportunities to alumni as they navigate their way through school and plan for future careers.
A leader in the youth career development field, Futures and Options is now poised to increase our capacity and organizational performance by adding a Data and Evaluation Manager to our team. This is an exciting opportunity for a data-driven professional to help strengthen our ability to create, analyze and use data to demonstrate our impact, improve our decision-making and enhance our programmatic and organizational outcomes.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Data and Evaluation Manager will:
· Collaborate with program staff to develop logic models, articulate theory of change, specify milestones and identify indicators of success for short and long-term outcomes;
· Design data collection instruments such as forms, surveys, focus groups and/or interviews, and coordinate with program staff to collect data from our youth participants and business partners to determine program outcomes;
· Analyze quantitative and qualitative program data, and prepare reports summarizing analyzed results;
· Design, develop and manage report and dashboard solutions in Salesforce and using other appropriate technologies to ensure that team members have the information they need to make decisions;
· Work closely with Business Engagement and Development/Communications teams to provide outcome information for marketing materials, grant proposals and donor outreach materials;
· Synthesize and share insights with senior leadership, board of directors, strategic partners, funders and program staff;
· Collaborate with our Salesforce Administrator as needed to ensure we are optimizing the database for our programmatic and operational needs;
· Manage project to determine our program’s long-term impact, identifying and working closely with Research Consultant as needed; and
· Other responsibilities as needed to help bolster and improve our data/evaluation efforts organization-wide.
A successful candidate will:
· Demonstrate the ability to analyze a wide range of data, and communicate outcomes in clear terms to promote understanding, action planning and decision-making;
· Possess at least 3 years of experience in evaluation, impact measurement, quantitative analysis, and/or research;
· Demonstrate fluency in MS Office, particularly Excel (e.g., pivot tables and formulas) and Powerpoint, as well as experience with other platforms such as Tableau.
· Have considerable knowledge of and experience with Salesforce or similar case management software;
· Have experience in data metrics and measurement, program survey design and development;
· Demonstrate the capability to work at both a strategic level, and to manage and perform the day- to-day tasks associated with data/evaluation efforts at a small organization;
· Possess excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills, along with a superb attention to detail;
· Demonstrate commitment to practices of diversity, equity and inclusion, and the ability to work and build trust across cultural differences;
· Be committed to the mission of Futures and Options;
· Have a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 3 years of data and evaluation experience; Master’s Degree in relevant field preferred.
Salary & Benefits: Salary will be commensurate with experience. Futures and Options offers generous benefits, including medical and dental insurance, transit pre-tax accounts, three weeks paid vacation, five personal days, paid sick leave, a commitment to work-life balance and ample professional development opportunities.
How to Apply: Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected] No phone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position will be remote until October, when our office will re-open and employees will be expected to be physically present in the office a few days per week.
Futures and Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to an equitable and inclusive program and a diverse staff team. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org