Website International Studio and Curatorial Program
The International Studio & Curatorial Program is seeking a Development Associate in East Williamsburg, NY. ISCP is a not-for-profit, residency-based contemporary art center for emerging to mid-career artists and curators from around the world. Founded in 1994, ISCP has hosted over 1,800 artists and curators from 85 countries. Please visit www.iscp-nyc.org for more information.
ISCP’s Development Associate is responsible for managing ISCP’s development administration, assisting with grant writing and reporting, fundraising events coordination, and reports directly to the Development Manager and Head of Communications. The successful candidate must enjoy a fast-paced work environment with steady multitasking and problem solving.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Preparation of funding applications (individual, corporate and foundation), interim and year end reporting
● Prospect research
● Assisting with fundraising events, including the planning and coordination of galas, auctions, sale of editions
● Maintaining Salesforce data on funders and grant applications
● Maintaining annual fundraising calendar
● Assisting Executive Director in preparation for quarterly board meetings
● Liaise with board and funders as required
● Communications with foreign and national funders: inquiries, correspondence
Education and Experience:
● A minimum of three years experience in development, preferably in a nonprofit environment
● Excellent writing skills, preferably with experience writing grants, grant reports, and annual appeals
● Attention to detail; ability to prioritize, problem solve, and multitask; and strong organizational skills are a must
● Understanding of fundraising needs and workflows for non-profits
● Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects under the pressure of deadlines
● Ability to work with a team and independently in a fast paced environment.
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent number years’ experience.
● Computer skills including Microsoft Office and G Suite
● Salesforce/database experience a plus
● Familiarity with funding landscape in NYC and beyond is a plus
● An interest in contemporary art is desirable
Position is part-time: 16 hours a week, non-exempt with an hourly rate of $23. Benefits include paid holidays, vacation, paid sick time, pro-rated health insurance, and 401k plan. Candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment.
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information:
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, with name and contact details for two references, in PDF format to Mollie Flanagan at [email protected] with “Development Associate” as the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Due to the quantity of applicants, ISCP regrets it can only contact individuals selected for further consideration for the position. ISCP is planning to fill this position immediately. The International Studio & Curatorial Program (ISCP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ISCP does not discriminate due to age, sex, gender identity, religion, race, color, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor prohibited by law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org