Position: Associate Director for Strategic Partnerships and Learning
Reports to: Executive Director
The Associate Director for Partnerships and Learning contributes to the Support Center’s goal to serve as a navigator for nonprofit organizations, building a strong program of relevant and innovative content, connecting organizations to resources, and cultivating opportunities for partnerships and collaborations that expand learning and knowledge sharing among organizations, grantmakers and leaders. This position also entails representing the organization as part of a variety of collaboratives and partnerships with various stakeholders.
Key partnerships for this position include: Foundation Center, Cause Effective, Ahead of the Curve Collaborative, key funding partners such as the Clark Foundation, Altman, NY Community Trust, PSEG, Johnson & Johnson, Department of Youth and Community Development and Office of Faith Based Initiatives (NJ). The position is responsible for maintaining up-to-date information on these programs and coordinating the involvement of relevant staff.
Training and professional development
Each year the Support Center provides between 80 and 100 trainings to nearly 800 attendees from over 500 different organizations as well as customized training to between 12 and 18 organizations. The Support Center also coordinates with a guest faculty of 50+ facilitators as part of the organization’s public training program.
Fund development and partnerships
- Assist Executive Director with grant applications, funder reports, identifying new funding opportunities, and managing the reporting calendar (LOI, proposals, stewardship opportunities, interim/final reports, ) as needed;
- Draft proposals, thank you letters and other correspondences as needed; manage grantmaker stewardship with appropriate staff;
- Spearhead the partnership with the Foundation Center (see programmatic MOU) for the next 24
Client and program support
- Provide programmatic support to Associate Executive Director on cohort management, including communications to clients and affiliate consultants, coordinating events, reporting and grantmaker stewardship;
- Collaborate with Director of Finance & Operations around SalesForce data management and take on primary responsibility for training data;
- Manage customized training portfolio, conduct client intakes and prepare proposals and agreements in concert with Associate Executive Director;
- Create and update Salesforce opportunity data regularly including contracts and progress
The Support Center is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. Last updated January 4, 2017.
Professional development and learning
- Coordinate professional development programs including public trainings and certificate programs as part of programmatic partnership with the Foundation Center;
- Create, market and manage annual calendar of public workshops;
- Liaise, manage and coordinate with volunteer facilitator pool;
- Develop and analyze workshop evaluation surveys and provide results to facilitators in a timely matter;
- Manage online registrations, facilitate all workshop “pay by check” requests and follow up with non-payments in Salesforce;
- Manage scheduling and logistics for training program including assembling materials, ordering food, supplies and setting up rooms;
- Oversee intern/administrative support for the workshop program;
- Respond to public training customer emails and phone
- 4-6 years’ experience, preferably in a nonprofit or social purpose environment;
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree a plus;
- Excellent written and verbal communications and demonstrated interpersonal skills;
- Comfortable with public speaking and representing the organization externally;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities, manage multiple projects and personalities, and be accountable for work goals and deadline;
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel required; familiarity with Salesforce a plus;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for improving outcomes for people, organizations and communities;
- Must be able to balance team and individual responsibilities and contribute to building positive team spirit;
- Must be comfortable working in a small team
How to Apply: Submit resume and cover letter to Crystal Harper at [email protected] with “Associate Director for Strategic Partnerships and Learning” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Application deadline January 27, 2017.