An Interim Executive Director can play a crucial role during a transition from a long-tenured, legacy leader to a new ED hired from outside the organization. Interim EDs offer an objective perspective, wisdom, candor, and expertise based on prior executive experience. They also give people in the organization the space and time to absorb the transition, in all of its emotional and practical dimensions, and the chance to prepare for a new leader.
Support Center has been training and placing interims since 2006, and our 350+ alumni constitute our pool of candidates.
An Interim ED provides:
- An essential buffer following a long-tenured leader
- Space and time for staff to absorb and adjust during the transition
- An independent, fresh, and candid perspective
- The stability of continuous management
- An experienced partner to the board
To learn more, email us at [email protected].