The application period for the spring 2020 training has closed.
Support Center’s fall Interim Executive Director Training will be held on Thursday & Friday, October 15 & 16, 2020! The application is currently open, and the application timeline is as follows:
Monday, August 3: Application review begins
Friday, August 14: Application deadline
Friday, September 4: Latest date for admission notifications
An Interim ED is an experienced and objective leader who is skilled at guiding organizations through transition in a limited time frame. Interim EDs are typically former nonprofit chief executives who have decided to pivot to a different type of work and have the lifestyle flexibility to take on short- and medium-term engagements.
Training and placing interims since 2006, Support Center taps into a pool of candidates when we’re working with an organization to place an interim leader. We offer our two-day training in the spring and fall of each year – admission is competitive and application-based. We also welcome applicants from other areas of the country who are looking to learn about effective interim leadership.
In forming our training cohorts, we seek a diverse group of nonprofit leaders who are:
- Current and former nonprofit executive directors considering a career as an Interim Executive Director
- Serving or have served as an Interim Executive Director who would like specialized training
- Mid- to late-career professionals who now have independent consulting practices with a focus on nonprofit organizational development and leadership transition
- Grantmakers seeking to understand leadership transitions and the important role interim executives play in supporting board and staff during transitions
Topics covered in the two-day training include:
- How leadership transition falls within the nonprofit organizational life cycle
- The philosophy and value of the executive transition process
- Specific roles of the interim, board, and search consultants
- The reality of being an effective interim executive
- Challenges presented, and the skills and perspective required
- Handling the emotional aspects of being an interim executive
- Dealing with staff and board dynamics of organizations undergoing an executive transition
- How Support Center’s interim ED placement practice works
To learn more, contact Xander Subashi at [email protected].