Your organization should have an emergency or succession plan in place, especially as founding and long-term executive directors consider retirement. A succession plan serves as a roadmap for the transition and helps prepare staff, funders and the board for changes to come. Working with the organization to ensure a smooth transition, we specialize in preparing founders, long-tenured executives and board leaders through coaching and organizational assistance.
At its core, succession planning is a set of answers to the question: “Who will the future leaders of our organization be, and how will we make sure they’re ready to lead?”
Possible considerations include:
- Staff recruitment and retention
- Leadership and professional development
- Organizational structure and HR policies
- Internal promotion systems
- Current ED tenure and projections
- Emergency scenarios
- Interim leadership
- Board leadership continuity, composition, development
To learn more, email us at [email protected].