Change Consulting – Organization Redesign
WHAT IS ORGANIZATION REDESIGN?
“Organization Redesign” helps nonprofit organizations achieve sustainability and greater impact through strategic restructuring efforts that can result in expanded capacity, economies of scale, program preservation, improved program quality, and/or stronger financial performance.
The Realignment Spectrum – MAP for Nonprofits of Minnesota
- Collaboration: Two or more organizations create a durable, pervasive relationship that permits them to achieve mutually beneficial results That include continuity and consistency of information sharing, program coordination, and joint planning.
- Administrative Consolidation: Sharing, exchanging, or contracting of administrative functions to increase administrative efficiency – i.e., expense savings, professionalization of processes, and co-location.
- Joint Programming: Joint launching and managing of one or more programs to further the mission of the participating organizations – results in complementary, portable programming and cross sector initiatives.
- Program Transfer: An organization spins off or transfers administration of one of its programs to another organization – addresses mission creep, post-demonstration projects, or a “lifeboat” when a host organization is going out of business.
- Parent Subsidiary: Preserves the visibility and identity of the organizations while combining some of the partners’ administrative functions and programmatic services. Used when maintaining a brand is paramount or when organizational assets can’t be disassociated from the organization.
- Joint Venture: Creation of a new organization to further a specific programmatic or administrative aim of two or more organizations – share governance, reduce costs, eliminate duplication and achieve economies of scale.
- Merger/Acquisition: Integration of all programmatic and administrative functions of multiple organizations. Can achieve administrative efficiencies, preserve services, achieve program synergies, increase geographic reach, grow or go to scale – and advance the mission.