Interim Executive Director Training
Are you thinking of becoming an Interim Executive Director, or do you just want to sharpen your existing skills? The next Interim Executive Director Training will be held on March 28-29, 2019.
Leadership transitions are typically one of the most challenging moments in the life of a nonprofit. Our two-day Interim Leadership training outlines the environment during an executive transition, and what is required of an Interim Executive Director to serve more effectively and succeed.
The Support Center is looking to attract a diverse group of nonprofit professionals who are:
- Current and former nonprofit executive directors considering a career as an Interim Executive Director
- Serving or have served as an Interim Executive Director (IED) who would like specialized training
- Mid- to late-career professionals who now have independent consulting practices with a focus on nonprofit organizational development
- Grantmakers seeking to understand leadership transitions and the important role interim executives play in supporting board and staff members during transitions
Topics Covered in this 2-Day Interim Executive Director Training include:
- The philosophy and value of the executive transition process
- Specific roles of the interim executive, board and transition consultants;
- The reality of being an effective interim executive;
- Challenges presented, the skills and perspective required;
- How to handle the emotional aspects of being an interim executive;
- Dealing with staff and board dynamics of organizations undergoing an executive transition;
- Strategies for finding and securing interim executive positions
- How the Support Center’s interim executive referral program works
In addition, upon completion of the training, you become part of the Support Center’s IEL pool and have access to additional specialized training (programs, networking and continued professional development).
Acceptance into this training program is made on a competitive basis. Please submit a cover letter and resume online. Review of applications typically begins four to six weeks prior to the start of the program.
* Please note, this is a training, not a job opening.
This is a two-day, back to back training—participation is required both days.