ABOUT THE SUPPORT CENTER
The Support Center for Nonprofit Management is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization created as part of an international network of management support organizations (Support Centers of America) originally established in 1971. We have been a trusted partner to nonprofits in the greater tri-state area (NJ/NY/CT) for more than 25 years in the region and are proud to partner with over 100 nonprofits each year on workshops, trainings, consultancies and executive search and transition engagements. www.supportcenteronline.org.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Support Center continues to be a tremendous learning opportunity for those imagining a career working in the social sector. With opportunities to learn about all facets of running a nonprofit from strategy to HR to governance, we are looking for someone who is dedicated to social change and interested in the ways to do that.
Based in New York, NY (and at times in our Newark, NJ office), the Program Associate will report to the Associate Executive Director and work with a dynamic team of 7 other core staff plus 25+ affiliate consultants and facilitators. The position is full-time. The position includes full health insurance, paid leave, and retirement benefits. Salary is $40,000-$45,000 per annum depending on experience.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Support Center seeks a full-time Program Associate to work across our growing portfolio consulting and executive transition clients, assist with contracting and managing intakes, proposals, and agreements, and contribute to fund development efforts. As part of the program team, duties will include:
- Coordinate with Support Center’s staff and consultants to ensure projects are implemented as planned.
- Support proposal development and, with other program staff, explore new opportunities to expand the Support Center’s programs.
- Support Associate Executive Director by writing proposals and agreements as needed
- Research local and national capacity building trends related to outcomes, target populations and opportunities for program growth and development, as well as the outcomes of peer programs and organizations;
- Partner with Director of Finance and Operations and Associate Executive Director to oversee overall contract management and budget allocation;
- Maintain regular communication with government and foundation program officers and coordinate appropriate submissions (e.g. invoices, program reports, evaluations);
- Support staff to draft project proposals and reports for funders, as required
- Represent the Support Center at key U.S. events
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field such as nonprofit administration, business, social work preferred
- Excellent English writing, speaking, and presentation skills
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and adapt to a fast-paced and changing environment
- Excellent people skills (e.g. did you ever work in retail or food service) and ability to relate to a diverse team
- Personal characteristics: Value a team-oriented environment, hard worker and multi-tasker, quick learner, strong attention to detail, flexible, honest and reliable, and in possession of a sense of humor.
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send the following documents no later than November 30, 2017 to [email protected]: resume, cover letter and writing sample. Please write “Program Associate” as the subject heading.