SEEKING A PROGRAM ASSOCIATE FOR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND LEARNING
ABOUT THE SUPPORT CENTER
The Support Center for Nonprofit Management is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization created as part of an international network of management support organizations (Support Centers of America) originally established in 1971. We have been a trusted partner to nonprofits in the greater tri-state area (NJ/NY/CT) for more than 25 years in the region and are proud to partner with over 100 non-profits each year on workshops, trainings, consultancies and executive search and transition engagements. www.supportcenteronline.org.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Based in New York, NY (and at times in our Newark, NJ office)., the Program Associate for Professional Development and Learning will report to the Associate Director of Learning and Strategic Partnerships and work with a dynamic team of 7 other core staff plus 25+ affiliate consultants and facilitators. The position is full-time. The position includes full health insurance, four weeks of paid leave, and retirement benefits. Salary is $40,000-$45,000 per annum depending on salary history and experience. Proposed starting date is October 16, 2017.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Support Center seeks a full-time Program Associate to work across our growing portfolio of workshops, trainings and special events focused on strengthening the leadership and management of regional nonprofits and social enterprises. As part of the Program Team, duties will include:
- Provide event planning and logistical support for 80-100 workshops and special events annually across NY, NJ, and CT including facilitator coordination;
- Lead administration of our workshop and training program addressing registration, enrollment and certificate program
- Draft workshop and event descriptions inclusive of overviews, learning objectives, and intended outcomes.
- Support ongoing evaluation of Support Center workshops and evaluations including administration and evaluation of follow-up surveys
- Coordinate project-specific events and meetings such as roundtables and launch events and initiatives such as Ahead of the Curve Symposium, A Better World, and others.
- Coordinate with Support Center’s staff and consultants to ensure projects are implemented as planned.
- Support proposal development and, with other program staff, explore new opportunities to expand the Support Center’s programs.
- Represent the Support Center at key U.S. events
- Support staff to draft project proposals and reports for funders, as required
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field such as nonprofit administration, business, social work preferred
- Excellent English writing, speaking, and presentation skills
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and adapt to a fast-paced and changing environment
- Excellent people skills (e.g. did you ever work in retail or food service) and ability to relate to a diverse team
- Personal characteristics: Value a team-oriented environment, hard worker and multi-tasker, quick learner, strong attention to detail, flexible, honest and reliable, and in possession of a sense of humor.
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send the following documents no later than October 31, 2017 to [email protected]: resume, cover letter, and writing sample. Please write “Program Associate for Programs” as the subject heading.