Trajectory Leadership Group
About the Trajectory Leadership Group
This one year leadership group engages executive directors of nonprofit organizations in a long-term, structured peer group to support, advise, and inspire their fellow leaders to manage their organizations more effectively and achieve their goals. Through participation in the group, leaders work together to find creative solutions to management and operational challenges. Regular meetings throughout the year foster the formation of a confidential advisory board, support creative thinking, and offer a forum to find and solve problem collaboratively. In addition to providing participants with practical tools, we examine their challenges as an opportunity to have participants explore, on a larger level, how they lead.
The Trajectory Leadership Group is currently on hiatus but may be offered again in the upcoming year. For more information, contact Lakimja Mattocks, Associate Director of Strategic Partnerships and Learning at [email protected] or call 917-522-8309.
Goals and Benefits of Membership in the Group are:
- Increasing the leadership effectiveness of participants
- Helping participants manage their organizations more effectively
- Building the professional and personal networks of participants
- Creating awareness of the qualities of a strong (or “top performing”) leader
- Increasing awareness of personal leadership style, and areas for improvement
- Identifying a current leadership challenge and working to address it
- Applying strategies learned in the group to other leadership challenges
Our comprehensive program design includes presentations from the Support Center staff & consultants, whole group work, small breakout sessions, outside expert speakers, field trips, personal assessment followed by monthly individual coaching and consulting, and professional development workshops in between monthly meetings. In this format each group member can customize their needs to meet the needs of their organization over the 12 months.