- This event has passed.
Identifying, Enlisting, and Developing Board Members: How to attract, engage, and retain effective directors
February 20 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
HALF DAY WORKSHOP
How often have you said, “our organization could do so much more if our board members:
- Had skill sets that matched our needs?
- Were more diverse and representative of our community
- Had experience that related to our work.
- Knew more about how to participate on a board.
- Were more enthusiastic, informed, active, and engaged?”
This workshop will help you figure out how you can best approach nonprofit board composition, enlistment, and development.
In this interactive three-hour session, participants will identify:
- Strategies and best practices for defining the ideal board for their organizations.
- How to compare that ideal board to your current one.
- Ways to identify and recruit prospects.
- Techniques and resources for providing the orientation, mentorship, training and education to engage and retain board members.
This workshop is best suited for:
- Nonprofit CEOs
- Nonprofit Board Chairs
- Nonprofit Governance Chairs
Ted Geier, an Affiliate Consultant with Support Center, is a lifelong New Yorker who, since graduating from Fordham University at Lincoln Center in 1981, has been creating and building cultural and other nonprofit ventures, raising tens of millions of dollars, producing thousands of special events, and distributing films for the world’s leading producers.
Ted founded the nonprofit capacity-building organization Cause Effective in 1981 and led it through 1995 providing consultation and training to more than 2,000 nonprofits, publishing three books on nonprofit special events, and producing more than 500 special events, including seven annual New York Folk Festivals.
In 1995, Geier, founded CineMuse, a social venture that distributes video content from BBC, Discovery and others to museums, science centers.
In 2004, Ted founded LOVE, HALLIE Foundation to promote youth philanthropy, helping young people improve their communities and the world. LOVE, HALLIE has, through initiatives with Oprah Winfrey, Nelson Mandela Foundation, and others, reached more than 60 million people worldwide.
Email [email protected] with any questions!