- This event has passed.
You’re a New Executive Director – Now What?
June 11 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Certificate Program: Executive Leadership
As a new Executive Director, it can be challenging and overwhelming to build effective relationships with the Board of Directors, staff, funders and the community. This workshop takes an interactive approach to managing multiple demands and provides tools for addressing fiscal management, leadership development, and self-care.
In this workshop, participants will:
- Leave with a renewed confidence and commitment to the mission of their organization.
- Obtain skills that allow for leading with purpose while maintaining a life-work balance.
- Learn how to build a professional network of individuals and resources.
- Gain tips on how to be an effective new leader.
- Use case studies to effectively prioritize and implement strategic plans to be successful in your new role.
This workshop is best suited for:
- Executive Directors (or those on track to be) of less than 3 years.
- Senior managers who are being considered for an Executive Director position
- Senior Managers interested in exploring becoming an Executive Director in the near future
Carine Jocelyn has over 25 years experience in human services and public health administration and is an accomplished administrator, trainer and program officer. Prior to her current position as Chief Executive Officer at a Brooklyn based nonprofit, Ms. Jocelyn was a Health Program Administrator at the New York State Department of Health. Ms. Jocelyn has an extensive professional background working with diverse populations, staff training, coaching, and leadership development. Proficient in non-profit management, budget development, and quality assurance, and has served as an Executive Director for 14 years. Carine Jocelyn is bilingual and holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, a Master’s Degree in Public Administration from Long Island University and professional certifications in Human Resources and Organizational Development and Leadership.
**Our registration system is not available, please email [email protected] to register for this workshop**
|ORGANIZATION BUDGET||HALF DAY||FULL DAY|
|Under $200,000 (or individual/student)||$70||$90|
|$200,000 to $1 million (or consultant)||$110||$145|
|$1 million to $5 million||$145||$195|
|Over $5 million||$175||$215|