The Bronx River Alliance serves as a coordinated voice for the river and works with 100+ partners—including NYC Parks—to protect, improve and restore the river so that it is a healthy ecological, recreational, educational, and economic resource for all communities through which the river flows. Since being founded in 2001, we have engaged over 20,000 volunteers, nearly 25,000 people have paddled with us, we have improved 26 acres of parkland, secured and coordinated over $250M in capital funding for park development and environmental restoration, and created 22 acres of new waterfront parkland.
The Bronx River Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. People of all identities are encouraged to apply.
The Director of Development and Communications leads the fundraising efforts of the Bronx River Alliance. Working with the Development Committee of the Board of Directors, Executive Director, Grants Manager (consulting), Special Events and Membership Coordinator, Communications Assistant , and other staff, raise funds in support of an annual budget of approximately $2 million, which comes from foundation, corporate, individual, and competitive government grants. In addition, this role oversees the external communications around the Alliance’s mission, programs, events, and other initiatives. Specifically the Director of Development and Communications will:
– Develop and implement the annual fundraising and communications plan
– Oversee the Communications Program
– Work closely with the Board of Directors, Executive Director, and Development Coordinator in developing, evaluating and initiating new fundraising strategies
– Foster and develop relationships with funders, donors, and other stakeholders
– Supervise the Grant Manager, Special Events and Membership Coordinator, and Communications Assistant
– Center diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility (DEIA); community leadership; and environmental justice