Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
American Jewish Committee’s Global Communications Department seeks an experienced editor and strong manager to lead AJC’s content production efforts.
The specific responsibilities outlined below are not exhaustive. The position will direct the team that produces written, audio, and video content, working cross functionally to ensure all published content adheres to AJC’s branding, style, grammar, messaging, and content marketing guidelines.
The Associate Director, Digital Content does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
· Develop and oversee a robust editorial calendar, in coordination with AJC’s social media team and advocacy calendar;
Closely follow relevant news/anticipate upcoming news cycles to brainstorm content that can be leveraged in AJC’s response, in concert with organizational leadership and other stakeholders;
· Lead a team of content producers across a range of tactics, including written, video, and podcasts;
· Develop editorial workflow for content production team;
· Supervise content marketing optimization efforts and the application of best practices for each content medium;
· Identify opportunities for premium content production or packaging;
· Direct the agency’s content production plans;
· Edit external content to ensure it consistently adheres to brand, style, tone, grammar, policy, message, and content marketing guidelines;
· Integrate content within AJC advocacy communication campaigns;
· Develop processes and best practices for content creation, marketing optimization, distribution, repurposing, and archiving;
· Regularly meet with content consumers to better understand targeted audience pain points;
· Regularly meet with internal thought-leaders to stay at the forefront of agency information, messaging, and opportunities;
· Help position AJC issue experts as the go-to sources for their respective specialties;
· Ensure that each piece of content produced helps the agency attain business goals;
· Oversee the agency’s content marketing analytics process that tracks KPIs and the agency’s end of year analytics report;
Eight to nine years’ work experience in the field of communications, including at least three years’ experience leading editorial operations and editing experience highly preferred;
Training and/or experience as a journalist with a focus on developing consumer-first content in multiple formats, including long-form, real-time, video, and audio;
Proven editorial skills and excellent command of the English language;
Grasp of current events, particularly as they affect American Jewry, the Jewish people, and Israel;
Familiarity with the principles of content marketing;
The ability to manage up to four content producers;
The perspective of an educator (experience in teaching a plus!) who can understand what information our target audiences want;
Flexible work style with the ability to work late and on weekends (often on short notice);
Excellent interpersonal communication skills, especially across all levels of the organization, and pleasant demeanor;
Ability to meet tight deadlines;
High level of professionalism with the ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information;
Understanding of online communications technologies;
Commitment to AJC’s global mission and familiarity with the Jewish community
Portfolio will be required.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/rbgdnph09suj5p/
Tagged as: Civil Rights, Social Action & Advocacy