Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The regional offices maintain the agency’s nationwide presence, attract leaders and donors to AJC, enhance the agency’s influence with key local, national, and international decision makers and stakeholders, implement advocacy initiatives at the state/local level, establish and nurture community relationships, and serve as AJC’s eyes and ears on the ground.
The Assistant Director of AJC’s Houston Regional Office plays a critical role in:
· Working in close coordination with Regional Director to spear-head the development campaign and related endeavors, including corporate and individual outreach
· Advocacy and community relations including diplomatic and political outreach;
· Representing AJC and advancing organizational priorities when establishing and nurturing strategic relationships with ethnic and religious leaders and partners
· Stewarding and soliciting lay leaders, prospects, and donors to ensure their maximum engagement with AJC including gifts of time and expertise; financial resources; and introductions to key civic, corporate, philanthropic, and other relevant decision-makers and leaders
The Assistant Director does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Execution of educational and advocacy-related programs and events
· Execution of development related programs and events
· Supervision of administrative staff
· Communications including website, Facebook, and newsletters.
· Special projects as needed
· Board engagement/leadership development including facilitating regular board and executive committee meetings
· Bachelor’s degree – Five or more years of experience or master’s degree
● Commitment to AJC’s global mission and familiarity with the Jewish community
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills including writing, editing, and proofreading
● Excellent interpersonal skills, tact, and diplomacy
● Well-developed organizational and time management skills
● Respect for and adherence to confidentiality
● Strong attention to detail and follow-through
● Ability to solve problems creatively and practically
● Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously
● Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with staff and lay leadership
● Entrepreneurial creativity, resourcefulness, and strong problem-solving skills
● Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google applications
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/s1xhfzc50qchjae/
To apply for this job please visit ajchr.wufoo.com.