Assistant Director, Resource Development
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. In addition to its New York headquarters, AJC has regional offices and affiliates across the U.S. and overseas in addition to a multitude of global partnerships.
Among Jewish organizations, AJC is the preeminent leader in the global arena. With a presence on four continents, AJC’s network of relationships with, and access to, key decision makers and thought leaders is unmatched. AJC is recognized by foreign leaders, the Israeli and U.S. governments as an effective and trusted interlocutor for Jewish issues, human rights and advocacy for democratic values. Today, AJC proactively tackles the greatest concerns of Jewish communities around the globe.
The Assistant Director, Resource Development will help secure grants and gifts by preparing proposals and other materials in collaboration with program staff.
The Assistant Director does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect. Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
Research current or new foundation and individual sources of support:
a. Identify potential funders whose giving priorities suit the specific programs or projects AJC departments or institutes wish to implement or those for which budget relief could be acquired;
b. Attain relevant information on potential funders e.g., assets, history of giving to AJC and to other Jewish organizations, and funding guidelines; and,
c. Assess potential to attain support.
Write letters, concept papers, grant applications, and specially-crafted proposals for individual donors, foundation prospects, and Jewish federations:
a. Research grant application processes to assure that submissions are completed in accordance with the donor’s guidelines and in a timely way;
b. Perform content research for the development of grant proposals; applications for support; letters of solicitation, intent or interest; and, other correspondence;
c. Responsible for the timely preparation of application materials including budget documents, proposals and program descriptions, and all other supporting documentation as required; and
d. Enter all correspondence into Raiser’s Edge.
Conduct program development activities to support current initiatives and new projects for which AJC departments and institutes seek support:
a. Work with program staff to design initiatives and develop solid, innovative models that can be presented to potential donors for funding consideration; and,
b. Assure initiatives and models are consistent with both AJC’s goals and objectives, and meet the funding interests of the potential donor(s).
Work with program colleagues to prepare reports for funders:
a. Assure the timely preparation and submission of reports to funders by using an electronic tracking system;
b. Coordinate preparation of reports with appropriate program staff;
c. Assure that reports align with funders’ directives;
d. Review drafts, prepare reports for submission, and confirm that the reports were received; and,
e. Enter all correspondence into Raiser’s Edge.
Record donor contact into Raiser’s Edge. Assure database is regularly updated.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
• Proven experience (at least four years) writing foundation and/or government grant proposals.
• Experience using online portals to submit foundation and/or government grant proposals.
• Experience conducting program development activities or willingness and background to learn how to conduct program development activities; developing new program models; and constructing corresponding program budgets.
• Exceptional written and oral communications skills.
• Awareness of the issues confronting global Jewish communities, preferred.
• Ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently.
• Experience using on-line search tools to attain information about potential foundations and other funding sources.
• Excellent word processing skills. Familiarity and high comfort level with Microsoft Office Suite are essential. Ability to use spreadsheet programs like Excel.
• Experience with databases such as Raiser’s Edge and FC Search is a plus.
• Ability to work well with others under time pressure.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/rxqpw021f99lcu/
Tagged as: Civil Rights, Social Action & Advocacy
To apply for this job please visit ajchr.wufoo.com.