America Needs You (ANY) fights for economic mobility for ambitious, first-generation college students. We do this by providing transformative mentorship and intensive career development. ANY operates in New York, New Jersey, Illinois and California. Visit www.americaneedsyou.org to learn more.
We care deeply about creating a diverse and inclusive space for our Fellows, volunteers, stakeholders and staff, and strongly encourage first-generation college graduates and talented individuals of all backgrounds to apply. We actively seek to learn from a variety of perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer in accordance with state and federal law. Read more about our Core Values and commitment to Diversity and Belonging here.
ANY is currently seeking an ambitious and organized Career Success Coordinator to implement our Fellows Program in IL. As a Career Success Coordinator, you will provide career counseling and deliver a series of professional development workshops over the course of two years for a cohort of Fellows (ambitious, first-generation college students) and their Mentor Coaches (accomplished professionals). In addition to delivering workshops, you will be the primary point of contact for Fellows, including supporting them through personal, academic, and professional challenges, and securing internships. The IL Career Success Coordinator reports directly to the IL Program Manager. The position is based in IL and is currently remote.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is committed to ANY’s mission of supporting ambitious, first-generation college students
- Is excited about building their skills in facilitation, advising, career counseling and event planning
- Is passionate about data and analytics to improve outcomes for first-generation college students
- A warm, collaborative work environment with a rich culture of support and feedback
- A generous benefits package (health/dental insurance, 403(b), FSA, three weeks vacation, etc.)
- Ongoing internal and external opportunities for professional development
- Connections to a large, high-powered professional network
- Provide career counseling and professional development to Fellows to ensure they persist in college and attain an internship placement throughout the program
- Ensure Fellows meet all programmatic requirements and expectations, and provide timely interventions and support plans
- Assess Fellows’ skills and assist them in understanding various internship and career options
- Prepare Fellows for successful internship applications and interviews
- Provide Fellows with confidence building, coaching, and crisis management support
- Support academic development for Fellows through study skills, effective use of campus resources, and transfer advisement (for community college students)
- Facilitate workshops, manage logistics, moderate panels, and facilitate group discussions
- Analyze Fellow outcomes by tracking data on internship rates, program standing, attendance, and program retention
- Support Volunteers and provide case management to Volunteer and Fellow pairs
- Plan, prepare, and conduct recruitment sessions, and other events
- Interview and evaluate Fellow and Mentor Coach applicants; track results and supporting robust external communications
- Additional projects and duties as determined by local and national program teams
- Between 0-2 years of experience, preferably in career counseling or a related field
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Ability to work in a fast paced, results-driven environment
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Strong listening and mediation skills, with a high level of empathy
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Desire for continuous improvement and openness to feedback
- Willingness to work approximately 16 Saturdays per year, plus occasional evenings
- Microsoft Office proficiency
America Needs You offers a competitive salary and benefits package. ANY employees receive ample vacation time and the opportunity to work with a talented team on projects that have a real impact in their community.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] (subject line: IL Career Success Coordinator – Last_Name, First_Name). Please note that your application will not be considered without a cover letter. No phone calls please.
Salary for this position is in the mid-$40k range, commensurate with experience.