Creating a new way home
WHO WE ARE:
Anthos|Home is an innovative new nonprofit that will transform the system by which New York City residents with housing subsidies locate and rent available housing. Anthos|Home is modeled on Brilliant Corners in California, a successful housing clearinghouse that uses a flexible pool of funding to administer and quickly find apartments for tenants. Anthos|Home will help to streamline the apartment search, approval, and move-in processes, and fill in gaps in the current NYC voucher housing market process. The organization will be a game-changer for New Yorkers who are unhoused or at risk of homelessness and for the public systems that serve them.
The Director of Finance and Administration will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will provide leadership and oversight in the areas of Finance and Budgeting as well as Administration, including but not limited to supervising an Accounts Payable Specialist, partnering with our accounting firm, auditors and supporting program and fundraising functions. Collaborating with external partners, government agencies, nonprofits, and internal teams, you will play a crucial role in ensuring efficient operations for finance and administrative functions.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
- Embraces and promotes Anthos|Home’s mission and vision, and acts as a champion for Anthos|Home’s purpose;
- Is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging (DEIB) in all aspects of work and interactions;
- Has the skills to build and streamline Anthos|Home’s Finance management and processes;
- Brings knowledge of evolving best practices in finance, accounting and compliance;
- Has experience using data to examine trends, communicate findings, and recommend change as needed;
- Brings a successful track record of coaching and supporting supervisory staff;
- Understands the integral nature of finance and how the finance operations can help to advance the organization’s mission and vision;
- Has a collaborative spirit and ability to build meaningful relationships with team members.
- Experience in New York City and with New York City government, and working in or around housing, property management and/or social services is a plus.
Key finance responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain in-depth understanding of Anthos|Home’s finances and programmatic activities.
- Lead annual budgeting process, in conjunction with executive leadership and with outside accounting firm, for presentation to the Board.
- Regularly monitor financial position and recommend strategies to respond to opportunities and challenges that arise. Support financial reporting to the Board on a quarterly basis or as needed.
- Provide information to program heads to support them in planning and managing activities.
- Oversee program budgets for internal tracking and for grant seeking, in conjunction with program heads and accountants.
- Oversee in collaboration with accounting firm, budgets and staff allocations for grants and contracts.
- Supervise and provide guidance to Accounts Payable Specialist, who will handle invoicing, coding, and other day to day financial activity.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Collaborate closely with the operations team in connection with relevant financial transactions to create a successful model and payments to third parties.
Key administration responsibilities include:
- Oversee employee benefits and 401k plan and make recommendations regarding payroll and insurance systems.
- Oversee insurance needs for the organization, and work with insurance broker to ensure appropriate insurance is in place.
- Oversee development of data system, and its implementation working closely with the Chief Strategy Officer.
- Oversee office operations and administration and serve as the liaison with the landlord and building staff.
- Collaborate closely with external support firms, government agencies, nonprofits, landlords, and internal Anthos|Home team to streamline operations and improve processes.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to identify opportunities for system and process improvements.
- Maintain data integrity within Anthos|Home tracking systems.
- Prepare ad hoc reports and assist with projects as needed.
- Fulfill other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Uphold a commitment to excellent service to staff, clients, and funders of Anthos|Home and maintain strict confidentiality.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of professional experience in nonprofit finance, accounting, budgeting, and/or grants management.
- Experience managing an organizational budget is required.
- Excellent skills with Excel and Great Plains or similar accounting software as well as strong technical aptitude with advanced proficiency in MS Word, and PowerPoint as well as familiarity with technological tools such as relational databases, e.g. Salesforce.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet multiple deadlines concurrently.
- Detail-oriented mindset and effective problem-solving abilities, along with the ability to see the big picture and understand the nuance of our programmatic and advocacy work.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, and the ability to identify potential risks and strategies to mitigate risk.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a diverse environment.
- Passion for the mission of Anthos|Home and commitment to its goals.
- Competitive Pay: $90,000 – $125,000 salary range, commensurate with experience
- WFH/Hybrid work: At least 3 days will be required in the office each week
- Fantastic Benefits, 401(k)
- A chance to be a part of a groundbreaking startup that will house vulnerable New Yorkers.
Please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter here.
Anthos|Home is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. Anthos|Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and abilities to apply.
To apply for this job please visit anthos-home.breezy.hr.