Website Bronx House
Responsible for the delivery of tween/teen and children’s athletics programs, including planning, development, and implementation. Oversee and train staff members, manage the day to day operations of the department and oversee maintenance of the Teen Lounge and Gymnasium. Manage the budget for each program. Plan and develop systems and procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the department. Supervise staff in accordance with agency policies and procedures. Responsible for hiring, training, and scheduling employees.
· Increase Teen memberships and participation in Tween and Children’s Athletics Programs
· Develop new Teen, Tween and Children’s Athletics Programs, trips and activities
· Evaluates programs on a regular basis
· Maintain staffing for the department
· Ensure positive customer relations throughout the department.
· Promote Teen, Tween and Youth Sports programs through advertising, press releases and other marketing endeavors.
· Organize special events, projects and activities
· Supervise all children’s athletics activities including scheduling of classes, lessons and leagues.
· Maintain and purchase sports equipment.
· Serve as unit leader of Teen Travel Summer Camp program including hiring, training, supervision, program development and implementation in coordination with the day camp director.
· Organize program PERS and expenditure reports in compliance with government contracts.
· Develop mid-year and end of year grant reports and work with development consultant on new grant opportunities.
· Manage department payroll and verify hours worked.
· Serve as building coverage manager.
· A Bachelor’s Degree with at least 2 years of management experience.
· Two years progressively responsible experience working with youth ages 13 through 18. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Ability to deal effectively with multi-age children, small groups of children in activities and free play, and large groups of children in organized activities.
· Demonstrated ability to handle multiple demands from several people.
· Ability to interact well with the public and co-workers.
· Ability to meet deadlines with severe time constraints.
Ability to work evenings and weekends.
· Demonstrated ability to take responsibility for the safety and well-being of others.
· Demonstrated leadership, organizational, project management and planning skills.
Reports to: Chief Program Officer
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org