Website Futures and Options
PROGRAM COORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Since 1995, Futures and Options has empowered New York City’s youth, particularly youth of color and students in historically underrepresented communities, to access hands-on career development and paid internship opportunities. By linking students to paid internships with myriad employers, cultivating mentorships, and connecting young people to career readiness training and career exploration field trips, Futures and Options is breaking down barriers, creating pipelines to diverse workforces, and is helping our City’s youth gain confidence and realize their potential.
Our flagship programs include:
· The Internship Program provides paid, mentored internships and career development workshops to high school juniors and seniors. Students acquire hands-on professional experience, gaining entry to small businesses, nonprofits, government agencies and multinational corporations.
· Career Essentials is a 13-week curriculum geared towards freshman and sophomores that introduces students to the work world through workshops, career exploration activities, and industry fieldtrips, and provides opportunities for students to practice and improve their interpersonal, communication and other relevant work-related skills.
Futures and Options is seeking a highly capable, dedicated and empathetic Program Coordinator to join our robust Program team that works with hundreds of students each year. Program Coordinators work collaboratively to support our students in their journey to gain work-related skills, confidence and a vision for their future.
Responsibilities will include implementing Futures and Options’ career development programs and working closely with students, schools, and business partners to ensure success in achieving program goals and grant objectives. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for:
· Recruiting students for various Futures and Options career development programs.
· Reviewing student applications and conducting interviews to select candidates for our career development programs.
· Matching students to jobs that align with their abilities and career interests; preparing students for their on-site interviews through resume feedback and interview coaching; working with site supervisors to arrange interns’ work schedules; and monitoring interns’ progress by conducting visits to worksites and providing ongoing support through communication with on-site supervisors and interns.
· Planning, preparing and facilitating career development and work-readiness workshops.
· Building and maintaining relationships with middle and high school youth.
· Designing and implementing appropriate career development and exploration activities, e.g., field trips to businesses, mentoring programs and other enrichment activities.
· Administering surveys and evaluation tools as needed.
Other Responsibilities Include:
· Maintaining standards of excellence for all programs, ensuring high-quality implementation.
· Entering and updating student and program data regularly, accurately, and in a timely manner.
· Ongoing program development and innovation using a collaborative approach that integrates the fields of youth development, education, career readiness and exploration.
· Providing data and other program information as needed for reports, proposals, and other materials.
· Ensuring programs operate in compliance with funding sources so that intended results are achieved.
· Other duties as needed to ensure smooth, efficient and successful operation of program activities.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· 2-3 years of work experience in education, youth services, human services, urban planning, policy, or related field.
· A strong commitment to the mission of Futures and Options.
· Willingness to travel to schools, business, and partner organizations throughout the five boroughs once we return to in-person programming, which will likely be the Fall of 2021.
· A high degree of personal and professional integrity: a strong role model for youth.
· Strong workshop facilitation skills, an understanding of group dynamics and an engaging, clear, approachable communication style. Prior experience leading workshops with high school students is preferred.
· A resourceful mindset with the ability to work independently, take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects and the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team.
· Comfort in a fast‐paced, changing environment.
· Excellent interpersonal, listening, written and verbal communication skills.
· Computer proficiency and knowledge of MS Office, including advanced Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint skills. Experience using Salesforce or a similar database preferred.
Salary & Benefits: Salary range is $42,000-$48,000 per year commensurate with experience. Futures and Options offers generous benefits, including medical and dental insurance, transit pre-tax accounts, three weeks paid vacation, paid sick leave, a commitment to work-life balance and ample professional development opportunities.
How to Apply: Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Program Coordinator” as the subject line. No phone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Futures and Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com