Website Futures and Options
PROGRAM MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
Since 1995, Futures and Options has empowered New York City’s youth, particularly youth of color and students in historically underrepresented communities, to access hands-on career development and paid internship opportunities. By linking students to paid internships with myriad employers, cultivating mentorships, and connecting young people to career readiness training and career exploration field trips, Futures and Options is breaking down barriers, creating pipelines to diverse workforces, and is helping our City’s youth gain confidence and realize their potential.
Our flagship programs include:
• The Internship Program provides paid, mentored internships and career development workshops to high school juniors and seniors. Students acquire hands-on professional experience, gaining entry to small businesses, nonprofits, government agencies and multinational corporations.
• Career Essentials is a 13-week curriculum geared towards freshman and sophomores that introduces students to the work world through workshops, career exploration activities, and industry fieldtrips, and provides opportunities for students to practice and improve their interpersonal, communication and other relevant work-related skills.
Futures and Options is seeking two highly capable, dedicated and empathetic Program Managers to join our robust program team that works with hundreds of students each year. The Program Managers will work closely with the Program Director and supervise a diverse and talented program team who support our students in their journey to gain work-related skills, confidence, and a vision for their future. The Program Managers will leverage an understanding of the principles and practice of positive youth development to design, implement, and oversee new and existing career exploration programs in collaboration with key stakeholders from all departments of the organization.
Responsibilities will include developing and implementing Futures and Options’ work readiness programs; developing and piloting student-centered programs that are informed by best practices in the field; working with Futures and Options staff, schools, business partners, alumni and volunteers to successfully meet program goals and grant objectives; and ensuring the highest standards of program delivery and quality control.
The Program Managers will be responsible for:
• Program Planning and Management
o Collaborating with Program team to design, implement, and manage new internship programs.
o Overseeing the development and successful implementation of Career Essentials.
o Working with assigned program staff to successfully deliver support programs and new initiatives including Alumni Engagement, and other services designed to support students as they explore careers, learn work readiness skills, and prepare for college.
o Reviewing program models, including curricula, and implementing changes as needed.
o Participating in program evaluation design and oversight, including creating and implementing surveys, analyzing data, and generating reports; assisting in the design and implementation of Salesforce platform.
o Ongoing program development and innovation using a collaborative approach that integrates the fields of youth development, education, career readiness and exploration.
o Collaborating with Program Director in developing and updating program policies, guides, applications, and other program materials.
• Staff Supervision
o Providing compassionate, supportive guidance to direct reports and cultivating a culture of respect and safety, where staff are encouraged to share ideas and are comfortable reporting challenges and concerns.
o Recruiting, screening, and interviewing candidates for program positions; facilitating program onboarding and training new program staff.
o Developing and monitoring progress towards performance and development goals with direct reports.
o Identifying and promoting individual and group professional development opportunities for program team.
o Auditing program data regularly, to assure quality control and accuracy.
• Partnership Development
o Cultivating and maintaining a network of partner schools and community-based organizations.
o Representing Futures and Options at networking events, such as College Access for All events, and promoting programs and services.
• Maintaining standards of excellence for all programs, ensuring high-quality implementation and that programs operate in compliance with funding sources.
• Providing data and other program information as needed for reports, proposals, and other materials.
• Providing program coverage for staff and taking on a small summer caseload as needed.
• Other duties as needed to ensure smooth, efficient and successful operation of program activities.
• Master’s degree in counseling, education, youth development, a related field, or equivalent work experience.
• 3 to 5 years of related work experience in education, youth services, human services, policy, or related field.
• Supervisory experience required.
• An understanding of the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on underserved and underrepresented communities.
• Experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities in the consideration of impacts and outcomes of a decision-making process.
• A strong commitment to social justice and the mission of Futures and Options.
• A high degree of personal and professional integrity: a strong role model for youth.
• A resourceful mindset with the ability to work independently, take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects and the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team.
• Excellent interpersonal, listening, written and verbal communication skills.
• Computer proficiency and knowledge of MS Office, including strong Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint skills. Experience using Salesforce or a similar database preferred.
Salary & Benefits: Salary to commensurate with experience. Futures and Options offers generous benefits, including medical and dental insurance, transit pre-tax accounts, three weeks paid vacation, paid sick leave, a commitment to work-life balance and ample professional development opportunities.
How to Apply: Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Program Manager” as the subject line. No phone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Futures and Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to an equitable and inclusive program and a diverse staff team. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com