Girls on the Run is a transformational physical activity-based positive youth development program for girls in 3rd-8th grade. We teach life skills and social emotional learning through a youth development curriculum that includes dynamic interactive lessons and running games. The program culminates with the girls being physically and emotionally prepared to complete a celebratory 5k running event. The goal of the program is to unleash confidence through accomplishment while establishing a lifetime appreciation of health and fitness. Girls on the Run NYC hosts programs in schools and communities in the five boroughs of New York City.
At Girls on the Run, our core values guide our way and we stand firm in our commitment to building a world where every person can know and activate their limitless potential. We warmly welcome the participation of any child who identifies as “girl”, non-binary, or gender expansive in our programs. We are committed to leveraging our intellectual, financial, and human resources to advance strategies to be inclusive, equitable and accessible to all. We are working to bring diverse voices to the table as we know that unique perspectives strengthen the quality and scope of our organization. We pledge to be a reflection of the communities we engage, not only in appearance, but also through fostering an atmosphere of community connectedness that serves as a model for our girls and other stakeholders.
Reporting to the Executive Director and consistent with the mission of Girls on the Run, the Development Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day details of the organization’s fundraising efforts, helping the organization to achieve its goal of raising funds through the development plan as focused on revenue-generation, relationship building, stewardship, strategy, and implementation. This is a full-time position based in New York City. Key responsibilities falling within these areas include:
- Oversee year-round peer to peer individual fundraising program, including the SoleMates charity athlete program, with the full cycle of donor stewardship; work with the volunteer committee in event planning and communications; and manage inventory and contracts.
- Manage and execute individual giving campaigns, including the year-end annual appeal.
- Administer the organization’s monthly donor program, the Endurance.
- In partnership with the Executive Director, create and execute creative outreach strategies with corporations to secure new sponsors in the areas of program, 5k and special events.
- Project manager of Girls on the Run fundraising special events, including annual benefit and event fundraisers hosted by external parties.
- Recruit and maintain relationships with in-kind donors, with a focus on supporting the 5k and event fundraisers.
- Develop positive relationships with partners, sponsors, volunteers, board members, community members and staff.
- Work with Executive Director and program staff in grant proposal and report writing, and tracking grant status.
- Build the annual fundraising plan alongside the Executive Director and the Board, and work in collaboration to ensure revenue goals are met, including new revenue opportunities.
Stewardship and Development Operations Oversight
- Implement organization’s stewardship plan for all donors, foundations and corporations.
- Plan, collect and craft impact stories and testimonials across all Girls on the Run NYC segments.
- Develop and implement database best practices related to updating and maintaining donor database, with transition to new CRM system in first 3-6 months of role.
- Oversight of development operations through management of part-time, seasonal staff to support maintenance of development database.
- Work with staff to generate and execute continuous improvements as needed in all facets of our development operations.
- Maintain year-round grants calendar, including research into new opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree or two or more years equivalent work experience required.
- Understanding and ability to work well in a small office setting, function as a team player on a range of projects, and also work independently to meet deadlines on assigned duties.
- Excellent project coordination, communication, collaboration and team participation skills.
- Computer competence including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel), Google Suite, and database management knowledge.
- Willing to undergo a background check.
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and leverage those relationships to cultivate additional opportunities.
- Track record of success securing funding from individual donors, peer to peer fundraisers, and/or corporations, including: identifying new targets, building and maintaining relationships and writing and presenting partnership proposals.
- Demonstrated commitment to accountability, measuring outcomes and a results-oriented culture.
- Comfortable in a hybrid work remote / in-person work environment
- Ability to travel within the five boroughs of New York City on public transportation.
- Must be available to work some hours during some weekends and evenings, including for organizational events such as volunteer and fundraising events.
- Per NYC government policy, you must show proof that you have received a COVID-19 vaccine.
- 3 or more years of non-profit experience, including experience in fundraising.
- Experience with youth or wellness programs.
- Experience using Canva, Asana, and Slack, or similar project management and communications tools.
The salary range for this position is $61,000 – $66,000. In addition, Girls on the Run offers a benefits package including professional development funds; retirement plan with employer match; medical and dental insurance; life insurance; and 12 paid holidays and 20 days of paid time off annually.
Girls on the Run NYC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.