Jamaica, NYC-based non-profit after-school provider needs a highly skilled financial expert. The consultant will help develop strategies for the staff and the organization as a whole to reduce financial inequity and take a leadership role in helping historically disadvantaged groups to create wealth. This position reports to the Chief Program Officer.
HOURS: Part-Time – 15 hours a week
PAY RATE: $30/hr.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop financial empowerment strategies for our staff to teach them how to build wealth.
- Develop financial empowerment strategies for the organization as a whole to implement tactics that create wealth in historically underserved communities.
- Work closely with the Marketing Coordinator to communicate the financial empowerment initiatives.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to develop organization-wide financial empowerment strategies.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
- Passionate about financial literacy
- Experience with Robinhood or similar platform
MUST ALSO POSSESS:
- Strong work ethic, results-oriented, get it done attitude
- Personal interest in the mission of Harriman.
- Motivating positive personal style
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Track record of working as a team and helping to create a team-oriented work environment.
- Ability to build relationships among managers, coworkers and employees
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, communication, time management and task management
- Takes initiative
- Dependable, reliable and prompt
- Professional appearance and conduct
Staff members are subject to random drug testing throughout the school year.
Face masks are required at all times and the COVID policies of the program must be followed. By NYC DOE mandate, proof of COVID vaccination is required.