Website PENCIL INC
In 1995, PENCIL was founded with the goal of raising awareness about public education by inviting civic and business leaders into New York City public schools. From those early days to our work today implementing hands-on, immersive programs that open eyes, open minds, and open doors, PENCIL realizes its mission “to connect students to success.” PENCIL makes it easy for business professionals, educators, and students to work together – in schools and the workplace. Our programs, including virtual and in-school partnerships, mentoring, internships, and immersive experiences like Principal for a Day®, create targeted opportunities to make a real difference in the classroom and beyond. As an organization, we strive to provide students with access to the relationships, skills, and opportunities that support their success.
PENCIL is committed to creating a workplace that respects and values diversity, and to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We strongly encourage candidates who represent the communities we serve to apply. PENCIL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
The Employer Engagement Manager plays a critical role in supporting PENCIL’s Internship Program. The primary focus is to manage the engagement of employer partners in PENCIL’s Internship program including securing job placements, confirming contributions for training and development, and organizing volunteer engagement for student training. The position will report to the Senior Program Officer, working as part of the Internship team and collaboratively with programs and development staff to ensure effective program implementation and relationship management.
The Employer Engagement Manager will be responsible for the engagement of all employer partners in PENCIL’s Internship Program.
Worksite Recruitment & Support
· Work closely with our city agency and corporate partners to ensure the recruitment of high-quality internship hosts and placements
· Convert business leads into viable internship hosts
· Complete all steps necessary for job development including outreach, commitments, worksite agreements, job description development, and handoff for student placement
· Conduct site visits with employers to learn about and ensure the quality of internship experiences
· Develop and execute strategies to increase the depth and diversity of internship hosts
· Identify and engage new and innovative sources for worksite recruitment
· Conduct orientations and info sessions to disseminate information for worksite recruitment
· Develop and disseminate employer-facing program resources and communications including supervisor guides and orientations and outreach email content
· Secure commitments from internship hosts to support intern salaries, and collaborate with development team on training and development support
· Work closely with the communications team to highlight the internship program on PENCIL’s website and social media
· Maintain and nurture relationships with Internship hosts throughout the fall and winter
Volunteer Engagement & Support
· Work closely with the Senior Program Officer to develop a full calendar of volunteer needs related to the internship program and ensure all needs are met for effective program execution.
· Work with the development team to recruit and assign corporate partners for available volunteer opportunities related to Internship Program training and enrichment events
· Collaborate with programs team leading up to and throughout event execution to ensure success for students
· Orient and support volunteers during training and special events.
· Share impactful volunteer stories with the communications team
· Identify highly engaged volunteers with capacity for additional engagement to the development team
Data Tracking & Reporting
· Communicate regularly with DYCD on the status of worksite development
· Ensure compete and accurate data collection and documentation for all worksites as outlined by DYCD
· Track and report on intern placements based on lead and revenue source; maintain a balance of sources to achieve goals and projections.
· Complete data entry in all internal and external databases related worksite outreach and stewardship, volunteer activities, and other programmatic activities
· 3-4 years of experience in workforce development, relationship building, volunteer management, or career placement services
· Proactive approach to initiating and maintaining relationships with partners
· Cross-Team Collaboration: a desire and willingness to collaborate with others across the organization
· Relationship Building: Demonstrated expertise in developing successful collaborations and working with
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including strong editing and proofreading skills
· Excellent organizational and project management skills, attention to detail and follow through
· Possess high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and CRM databases such as Salesforce
· Familiarity with DYCD databases a plus
COVID-19 Vaccination is required for hire.
Salary range for this position starts at $58,500. PENCIL also provides a generous benefit package which includes:
· Medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance for you, your spouse/domestic partner and dependents
· A retirement plan with employer matching
· Commuter benefit and flexible spending plans
· Professional development stipend
· Annual paid time off for holidays, vacation and sick
· Short and long-term disability and paid family leave.
Please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Employer Engagement Manager”. Please include how you heard about the position for our tracking purposes. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to Pencil@pencil.org