Website The Brotherhood Sistersol
About The Brotherhood Sister Sol (BroSis):
The Brotherhood Sister Sol is a social justice youth development organization that since 1995 has been a place where Black and Latinx youth claim the power of their history, identity and community to build the future they want to see. By educating, organizing and training, we are challenging inequity and creating opportunity for all. BroSis provides holistic and long-term support services to youth who range in age from eight to twenty-two.
BroSisoffers wrap around evidence-based programming such as four-six year rites of passage programming, thorough five day a week after school care, school and home counseling, summer camps, job training, college preparation, employment opportunities, community organizing training, and month long international study programs to Africa and Latin America. Based in Harlem, NY but with a national reach, we publish assorted curricula and collections of our members’ writings; train educators from throughout the nation on our approach; and organize and advocate for social change. BroSis has earned national recognition for our evidence-based model, receiving an array of awards and funding from a host of national foundations, including Novo Foundation, Doris Duke Foundation, Marlene Nathan Meyerson Foundation, Charles Hayden Foundation, The William R. Kenan Charitable Trust, New York
Community Trust, Comic Relief/Red Nose Day, William Stamps Farish Foundation, and more.
The organization has 32 full-time staff, soon to grow to over 40 full-time staff, serves thousands throughout New York City, and has a $8.5 million dollar operating budget. In addition, we are working to complete an approximately $22 million capital campaign to fund construction of our new home, which is scheduled for completion in October
of 2021. It is an exciting period of organizational growth and increased impact in our community and beyond.
During this exciting period of growth for BroSis, and critical time for young people in NYC, we seek a dynamic and experienced events and communications professional to work closely with the Director of Development, organizational leadership, Board of Directors, and external consultants to help lead and implement an ambitious events and communications plan for the coming year.
The Sr. Manager will also manage and work closely with a Development Associate for Events & Communications in these efforts, joining a Development team that otherwise includes a Director of Development, Development Manager for Operations, Institutional Giving Coordinator, Development Associate for Events & Communications,
and Development Associate for Database & Technology.
The Sr. Manager will partner with the above groups to develop and implement a series of in-person, digital, and hybrid events to steward existing donors and excite new ones, draw attention to the work of BroSis, and fundraise to support our organization.
● Voices Annual Gala – Leading the planning of our signature annual fundraising event which pre-Covid hosted nearly 600 guests and raised over $1.4 million. The Sr. Manager will work closely with Board members, supporters, and staff to lead the planning of this event, including invitations, printed and online materials, tracking guests and donations, financial reporting, on-site leadership and coordination, and other
● The Opening of Our New Home – In Fall 2021, we will move into our new home, a 20,000 square foot building with beautiful classroom and meeting spaces that will allow us to expand our work to train educators and organizers across the nation on our model of youth development and political education, scaling our impact. We are planning for a grand opening, and also anticipating utilizing the space to host in-person events – parlor discussion events, cocktail receptions, open-houses, and more. The Sr. Manager will be a critical partner for the conceptualization and implementation of how we utilize this new space for our fundraising and friend-raising efforts.
● Smaller Scale Events – In addition to the above, work with the Development Team to plan, manage, and execute events that include digital conversations, donor receptions, events with thought-leaders, board meetings, etc. to encourage donor engagement, stimulate giving, and draw attention to BroSis. The Sr. Manager will work with the Director of Development to strategize, conceptualize and actualize these events in digital, and perhaps hybrid, formats.
In partnership with the Development Associate for Events & Communications, the Sr. Manager will lead efforts to:
● Develop and implement annual communications plans and strategies that spread the word of our work to current and potential donors;
● Work with vendors to manage website updates, including a planned website redesign for 2022;
● Implement a new visual identity, already completed and provided to us by a leading design firm, on all materials, and work with staff and leadership to ensure consistency in branding;
● Manage and support the Development Associate in maintaining an active and vibrant social media presence
that currently includes Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube;
● Lead development of annual reports, brochures, and other printed materials;
● Augment existing systems to ensure effective communication between internal and external stakeholders;
● Maintain regular communication with our mailing list of several thousand through regular e-mail blasts throughout the year; and
● Track and organize media and narratives that demonstrate BroSis’ impact; and more.
● As a member of the Development team, support all fundraising activities of BroSis – foundation, special events, government, corporate and individual, as well as all communications activities – printed materials, website, social media, etc., as needed.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLSETS
● 5-7+ years of proven experience in areas mentioned above, preferably for organization(s) with an annual budget of $5 million and above;
● Extensive experience with planning fundraising events with several hundred guests and over $1 million in revenue;
● Extremely detail-oriented and able to multitask multiple projects at the same time;
● Strong project management skills to lead complex projects to successful completion – adept at planning, prioritizing, multi-tasking, organizing, and following through in a timely manner while remaining highly energetic and focused;
● Ability and proclivity to engage with multiple constituencies including Board, staff, major donors, vendors, and youth;
● Energetic and willing to work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of fundraising activities;
● Willingness to work in a high-paced, intense, and open-stationed work environment;
● Hard-working, team-oriented, able to take direction and guidance and implement and work independently;
● Excellent computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite software;
● Experience working with Raiser’s Edge donor database preferred, but not required. Training will be provided as part of the onboarding process;
● Experience and/or functional fluency with communications and design tools like Constant Contact/Mail Chimp, WordPress, the Adobe Creative Suite, Canva;
● Experience and/or functional fluency around social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.;
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
At The Brotherhood Sister Sol, we offer competitive salaries with a comprehensive benefits package including, health, dental, vision and life insurance, 3% employer contribution to 403(b) retirement account. As well as four weeks’ vacation in addition to personal days, paid holidays and office closure during Winter Break. As The Brotherhood Sister Sol is a youth development organization that works in close quarters with young people and children, and as the safety of our children and their families and our community is paramount,we have instituted a policy that all staff must be fully vaccinated. If there is a medical or religious reason for an exemption from vaccination this can be presented and will be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com