Website The LeadersTrust
Invest in people at the heart of change
The LeadersTrust is looking for an Operations Manager who will provide organization-wide operational support, with a wide-reaching impact across all key functions including executive, development, finance, and programs.
The Operations Manager will report to the Finance & Operations Director and work in close collaboration with the staff, and interface regularly with Tides Center (our fiscal sponsor), to support the ongoing operational needs of the organization and co-create and/or redesign structures/processes to support a growing national, remote-first team.
The Operations Manager is an at-will, exempt position. This is a fully remote position, with a preference for candidates living in the Bay Area or Tri-State New York area. The salary is $85,000 per year with a very competitive benefits package (medical, dental, 403b, vacation).
Interested applicants should send a cover note and resume to: [email protected] with the subject header “[Your Full Name] Operations Manager Application”. Applications will be accepted and reviewed through Friday, December 2, 2022.
The Role of the Operations Manager
Responsibilities of the Operations Manager will include, but are not limited to:
• Manage and maintain financial records, entering and tracking transactions, reconciling monthly credit card statements and vendor payments
• Support month-end close processes including reconciliations, expense allocations, and reclasses
• Act as liaison to Tides Center, our fiscal sponsor, for budgeting, monitoring, and reconciling transactions
• Manage, analyze, and report on grants and program budget, including meeting with foundation partners
• Serve as the day-to-day liaison to Tides Center, the LeadersTrust fiscal sponsor, on matters related to human resources, finances, and operations
• Manage the relationship with our managed IT service provider to support the ongoing IT and administrative needs of the team
• Serve as the liaison and manage the ongoing needs for our co-working spaces in Oakland and Philadelphia (if remote, it will be in partnership with a local staff member)
• Manage contracts with external consultant partners in collaboration with LeadersTrust staff
• Manage the information and operational systems for the LeadersTrust, in partnership with the Finance & Operations Director
• Assist with grantmaking to our grantee partners
The Operations Manager will work in partnership with the LeadersTrust team to manage the growth of the organization. This can include, but not limited to:
• Updating current systems and processes
• Creating new systems and processes and leading/supporting the change management process
• Developing salary bands to create a more equitable workplace
• Managing the build-out of a new CRM tool
Requirements of the Role:
Candidates will combine a passion for social justice with a collaborative, results-oriented approach in managing high-performing, equity-centered professionals. Candidates will come with an entrepreneurial spirit and excitement about joining a growing organization. In carrying out the work they will demonstrate great empathy for and connection to the work, and exercise good judgment which is informed by experience in the sector.
• 5+ years of experience with operational, financial, and/or administrative responsibilities
• Experience with finance and accounting, including budget development, budget reconciliation, expenditure projection, and manipulating data to create accessible reports
• Experience managing projects from start to finish that includes multiple staff members and external partners, including establishing monitoring and tracking systems,
• Strong organizational skills and demonstrated systems development experience
• Strong interpersonal skills and a customer service orientation
• Ability to collaborate with a diverse and remote team
• Experience with and demonstrated commitment to racial equity
Preferred, but not Required:
• Knowledge of fiscal sponsorship model
• Experience in nonprofit management
• Experience with consulting organizations
• Technologically savvy and comfortable working with a managed IT service provider
• Personal alignment with the values of the LeadersTrust in which attention to equity, particularly racial equity, is centered
• Energy to join an evolving and growing organization; excitement for building the LeadersTrust organization
• Personal and/or professional experience resulting in deep understanding of the nonprofit sector and the social change context of the work
To apply for this job please visit theleaderstrust.org.