Supervisory Essentials: Managing People and Leading Teams
August 7 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Certificate Program:Executive Leadership; Leadership & Supervision
Is there a difference between the skills and qualities that earned you the manager role and those that will help you effectively lead your team? Many supervise staff by the seat of their pants or based on the management styles and characteristics of leaders they admire or based on what they did not like in their own supervision. Through discussions, case studies and interactive activities, you will learn skills and techniques to promote success, handle difficult situations and build a team culture of collaboration, empowerment and trust.
In this workshop, participants will:
- Learn how to foster healthy working relationships with direct reports, teams, supervisors and colleagues.
- Establish a process for creating working agreements, setting and communicating expectations, and providing and receiving effective feedback
- Improve capacity to effectively supervise, coach and mentor
- Create an action plan based on your leadership style and using the skills and techniques from the workshop
This workshop is best suited for:
- New supervisors
- Anyone who wants to improve their supervisory skills
NOTE: This workshop should be taken prior to all other workshops for Leadership & Supervision Certificate enrollees. This workshop is also included in the Executive Leadership Certificate program.
Lee Botnick consults on organizational structure and development, human resources operations and strategy, system evaluation and implementation, risk management, and coaching and mentoring. Lee’s professional experience includes work in human resources, corporate communications, program implementation, and hospital administration in the nonprofit and healthcare worlds of New York City. She began her career in New York City government, working for Mayor Ed Koch on social service issues. Lee holds a BA from Barnard College.
**Our registration system is not available, please email [email protected] to register for this workshop**
|ORGANIZATION BUDGET||HALF DAY||FULL DAY|
|Under $200,000 (or individual/student)||$70||$90|
|$200,000 to $1 million (or consultant)||$110||$145|
|$1 million to $5 million||$145||$195|
|Over $5 million||$175||$215|