The School of American Ballet (SAB) at Lincoln Center, founded by George Balanchine and Lincoln Kirstein, is the preeminent ballet school in the country. Our mission is to develop dancers for professional careers in ballet. We provide the resources for a diverse pool of students, ages 6-18, to train at the highest level – with 12-25 each year going on to dance for New York City Ballet and major ballet companies worldwide. SAB has a far-reaching impact on the art form, and the School enriches the lives of the hundreds of students who train in our studios each year.
SAB seeks a highly detail-oriented, analytical, and collaborative individual to join its team as Development Coordinator, Database & Operations. This person will be a vital member of the SAB Development Department by processing gifts, managing the Raiser’s Edge database, and supporting operations. This full-time, non-exempt position reports to the Director of Institutional Giving and Development Operations.
• Complete accurate and timely entry of all gifts into Raiser’s Edge database, post gifts to the general ledger, and file gift documentation. Work closely with the Development team to ensure understanding of gift processing procedures and accuracy of gift data.
• Maintain and manage the Raiser’s Edge database:
o Manage constituent information, utilize Queries and Exports, and produce mailing lists.
o Work with Membership, Prospect, and ResearchPoint modules.
o Develop procedures, implement strategies to improve database accuracy and team productivity, provide training for team members, and maintain updated manuals.
o Troubleshoot challenges, working with Blackbaud as needed.
• Import student and parent data from Power School database into Raiser’s Edge at various points in the year, aligning with the starts of different SAB programs.
• Prepare reports, including Development’s monthly income report, reports on fundraising trends, and reports on the success of fundraising appeals. Learn and utilize Crystal Reports as needed.
• Maintain the Development Department budget, including tracking and reconciling expenses.
• Reconcile income and expenses regularly with Finance for audits and 990 reporting.
• Perform prospect research and create profiles on current and potential donors. Participate in conversations about alumni and parent prospect strategies.
• Manage Development volunteers, including scheduling and assigning tasks.
• Coordinate specialized acknowledgment letters and notes to donors.
• As needed, coordinate the production and ordering of collateral materials.
• Assist with administrative, office management, and other tasks as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 2-4 years of experience in Raiser’s Edge or a comparable database.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
• Superior attention to detail, administrative skills, and organizational abilities.
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Must be a team player who will work collaboratively and productively with others.
• Strong communication skills, including ability to translate technical information to other colleagues.
• Self-starter who can prioritize multiple assignments, problem solve, and meet deadlines.
• An interest in the performing arts, dance, and/or education is preferred.
• Able to work occasional evenings and weekends for donor events. May need to work one day during December holiday break to process year-end gifts, depending on timing and staffing needs.
Submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject “Development Coordinator, Database & Operations.” No phone calls or agencies please.
The School of American Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The School of American Ballet is committed to an equitable and inclusive program and a diverse faculty, staff, and student body. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.