The International Studio & Curatorial Program is seeking a Facilities Manager in East Williamsburg, NY. ISCP is a not-for-profit, residency-based contemporary art center for emerging to mid-career artists and curators from around the world. Founded in 1994, ISCP has hosted over 1,800 artists and curators from 90 countries. Please visit www.iscp-nyc.org for more information.
The Facilities Manager works primarily under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, with supervision from the Arts Residency Manager, Development Manager and Head of Communications, and Executive Director as needed. The Facilities Manager works 32 hours per week and sometimes more, depending on availability and programming-related needs. S/he/they is also required to work full-time for two to three weeks prior to the Open Studios event, for a total of 40 hours per week during those times. Must be available to work Tuesday evening events as needed. Successful candidates should have experience working with artists and art, mechanical skills including carpentry and construction, good communication and organizational skills.
● Maintain studios and office spaces (moving/repairing furniture, garbage and recycling removal, occasional painting, hanging lights, proper hazardous waste disposal, etc.)
● Respond to the needs of ISCP residents including art installation, production assistance, studio logistics, etc.
● Assist the Arts Residency Manager with exhibition production planning
● Art handling, installation, and packing/shipping required for exhibitions and fundraising events
● Provide technical and practical assistance for public programs
● Work closely with contractors to oversee completion of work requests and building upkeep with an emphasis on preventative maintenance and safety
● Liaise with landlord, property manager, and superintendent as needed for building maintenance and repairs
● Point of contact for maintaining building vendor relationships for: elevator, boiler, plumber, electrician, pest control, water filters, utilities, etc.
● Responsible for tools and audio visual equipment lending to residents, upkeep of tools and audio visual equipment, and maintain inventory list
Position paid at hourly rate of up to $27.60 per hour, commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid holidays, vacation, paid sick time, pro-rated health insurance, and 401k plan.
Please note: Candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, with name and contact details for two references, in PDF format to Mollie Flanagan at [email protected] with “Facilities Manager” as the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Due to the quantity of applicants, ISCP regrets it can only contact individuals selected for further consideration for the position. ISCP is planning to fill this position immediately.
The International Studio & Curatorial Program (ISCP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ISCP does not discriminate due to age, sex, gender identity, religion, race, color, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor prohibited by law.