BILINGUAL CHILDREN’S COUNSELOR/PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Position: PEI Kids, a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit located in Mercer County (NJ), seeks a motivated counseling professional who wants to make a difference in the lives of children and at-risk youth. If you are great with children, able to adapt to sensitive situations with care, and can develop good rapport with families, this is a wonderful job opportunity for you to work as part of our direct service team coordinating department activities and providing client-centered counseling services, in English and Spanish, for child victims of sexual abuse and non-offending, supportive family members.
Reports to: Clinical Director | Hours: Full-time | Salary: $60,000/yr. | Benefits: Health, Dental, Life, 401K, Pension, Disability, and more.
Perform counseling duties in a sensitive and professional manner:
• Conduct intake for new clients and maintain a client caseload, including Spanish-speaking clients, providing individual counseling for child clients using TF-CBT.
• Administer screening, therapeutic assessments, and satisfaction surveys at appropriate intervals.
• Record progress notes, session notes and all client interactions.
• Make referrals to meet the child’s and family’s needs.
• Participate in regular case review with the Clinical Director.
Lead support group programs/activities:
• Lead support group sessions including planning activities, outings, discussions, and speakers; and identify educational tools and materials to be used in group sessions to meet program goals and outcomes.
• Develop tools to assess/respond to participants’ needs and interests.
• Develop assessments to enable objective measurement of support group outcomes and effectiveness.
Perform administrative and discretionary duties with care and integrity:
• Answer phones and greet clients arriving for group and individual counseling.
• Translate program materials into Spanish when needed.
• Serve as a contributing staff member by supporting agency/department initiatives.
• Master’s degree in social work, counseling or psychology with prior counseling experience in social services, private practice or community-based agency.
• Licensure as a Social Worker or Counselor.
• Individual/group counseling experience with children/youth preferred
• Must be fluent in Spanish (speaking and writing) and culturally competent.
• Must adhere to ethical standards of the profession and demonstrate excellent organizational, interpersonal, and clinical skills.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook.