Candid is seeking a motivated team player who is driven to connect the social sector with the information they need to do good. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and understands the importance of providing a positive partner experience.
Position: Network Engagement Assistant (part-time)
Reporting to: Network Engagement Manager
Schedule: 19 hours per week, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm
Location: Flexible, with preference given to candidates located in New York, NY, Washington D.C., Cleveland, OH, or Williamsburg, VA
Candid has an unparalleled network of 500+ external partner organizations that make the world a better place by providing nonprofits with access to our tools and resources, contributing to a community of practice to fuel their impact. Our 2030 vision calls for a scaling of Candid’s two formal network programs: the Funding Information Network and Community Foundation Insights. The Network Engagement assistant is part of a dynamic team that builds and nurtures partnership engagement for these programs.
This position plays a crucial role in supporting a team of five relationship managers and one director in delivering quality customer service to our partners. The Network Engagement assistant possesses a can-do spirit, a keen eye for detail, and a desire to do their part to support a thriving and empowered social sector.
· Provide logistical support to Network Engagement managers as it relates to partnership management and engagement initiatives, including assistance with coordination of partnership events, research assistance for departmental projects as needed, data quality assurance, preparation of presentation materials for consulting projects, and other duties as assigned.
· Provide logistical and administrative support for Candid’s capacity building programs on platforms like Zoom and GoToWebinar, including facilitating communication with speakers and participants, adding virtual programs on Candid Learning, assisting with marketing and communications of programs, managing registration, administering program surveys, and other logistical support as needed.
· Support with periodic communication to partners and training audiences, including assistance with our newsletters, email communication and other online marketing activities.
· Attend meetings with supervisor and Network Engagement staff as needed.
· Support departmental and division activities with an “all-hands-on-deck” spirit.
· Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
· At least two years of experience providing exceptional customer service in a knowledge services-related setting.
· Demonstrated experience with project management and work planning in a fast-paced, professional setting.
· Creativity, and passion for engaging partners, enhancing their membership experience, and building online and offline communities.
· Comfortable juggling multiple tasks in an unstructured, dynamic environment.
· Passion for the use of data, research, and technology to improve the practice of philanthropy.
· Demonstrated success in identifying trends and insights from both quantitative and qualitative data.
· Excellent people, communication, and writing skills.
· Training/consulting experience a plus.
· Knowledge of the social (nonprofit) sector, grantmakers, and fundraising desirable.
· Strong skills in MS Office products are necessary.
· High level of comfort working in collaboration with others within and across departments.
· Upbeat team player with a sense of humor and winning attitude.
· Sensitivity and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural differences.
· Champions and represents Candid’s core values: we’re driven, direct, accessible, curious, and inclusive.
See the world. Make it better.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, we connect people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Our data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our
talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
On February 1, 2019, Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid,
a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
How to apply
Only candidates who are seriously seeking part-time employment will be considered. If you are not looking for a long-term, part-time position, please do not apply. Instead, consider one of our current full-time job opportunities.
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]candid.org with the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. In your cover letter, please address the following:
· The reason you are seeking a part-time position
· The expected length of time you are available to work
Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
For more information on positions available at Candid, please visit our website: https://candid.org/about/work-at-candid
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.