Title: Education Specialist
Location: 1309 Louis Nine Blvd, Bronx, NY 10459
Reports to: Vice President, Home-Based Childcare Services
The Women’s Housing and Economic Development Corporation (WHEDco) is a community development organization founded on the radically simple idea that all people deserve healthy, vibrant communities. We build award-winning, sustainable, affordable homes – but our work is not over when our buildings are complete. WHEDco believes that to be successful, affordable housing must be anchored in strong communities that residents can be proud of. WHEDco’s mission is to give the South Bronx access to all the resources that create thriving neighborhoods – from high-quality early education and after-school programs, to fresh, healthy food, cultural programming, and economic opportunity. See www.whedco.org for more information.
WHEDco seeks a highly-motivated and energetic team player with a commitment to WHEDco’s mission to provide leadership and support implementing coaching and technical assistance for its Home-Based Childcare Program and to proactively support overall program goals of ensuring quality care for children.
- In collaboration with coordinators and providers, develop and implement coaching services for providers.
- Provide professional development, guidance and support for home visitors as needed.
- Meet additional requirements that include maintaining participants’ records, conducting assessments and evaluations and update as required.
- Develop and implement trainings and workshops for childcare providers and engage in individualized coaching to increase quality of care as identified through home visits and evaluations.
- Review case notes and service plans; provide guidance to providers and ensuring appropriate follow up, support and interventions.
- Conduct provider meetings quarterly and/or monthly roundtables to discuss overarching policy and program issues and concerns.
- Coordinate and integrate services when possible with WHEDco’s own early childhood center.
- Work with the Vice Presidents and other staff to meet reporting requirements and engage in program self-assessment.
- Master’s degree in a related field (i.e., early childhood, education, educational administration, social services) is preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is required
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to facilitate workshops and trainings
- Ability to solve problems, find common ground and achieve results with minimal support
- Able to build relationships and motivate stakeholders with diverse personalities and backgrounds
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently
- Able to proactively multi-task and adapt to changing and competing needs
- Experience in MS Office (including Excel and PowerPoint) and excellent overall computer and database skills
- Experience in creating presentations and marketing materials
- Proven ability and/or demonstrated work experience where maintaining confidentiality is critical and expected
- Creativity and a sense of humor are a must
Excellent benefits and competitive salary based on experience.
All new hires must provide proof of having received at least one dose of a U.S. Food and Drug Administration (“FDA”) authorized COVID-19 vaccine by their first day of employment, and proof of full vaccination within 30 calendar days.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
WHEDco affords all qualified applicants equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, or any other category protected by law. WHEDco follows the requirements of the New York Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.