Title: Fiscal Specialist – Accounts Payable
Location: 50 East 168th Street, Bronx, New York 10452
Reports to: Controller
The Women’s Housing and Economic Development Corporation (WHEDco) is a community development organization founded on the radically simple idea that all people deserve healthy, vibrant communities. We build award-winning, sustainable, affordable homes – but our work is not over when our buildings are complete. WHEDco believes that to be successful, affordable housing must be anchored in strong communities that residents can be proud of. WHEDco’s mission is to give the South Bronx access to all the resources that create thriving neighborhoods – from high-quality early education and after-school programs, to fresh, healthy food, cultural programming, and economic opportunity. See www.whedco.org for more information.
Under the direct supervision of the Controller, the Fiscal Specialist will be responsible for the complete accounts payable cycle.
- Verify and process all invoices and check requests for payment.
- Reconcile and record credit card purchases.
- Allocate expenses to proper cost centers.
- Exercise a high degree of detail orientation to maintain all accounts payable documentation.
- Obtain required approvals based on payment thresholds.
- Reconcile vendor statements; researching and contacting appropriate parties concerning discrepancies.
- Respond to and resolve all vendor queries.
- Maintain W-9 and 1099 forms and consultant agreements.
- Provide supporting documents for audits.
- Responsible for checks, bill pay, ACH and other wires.
- Provide other support, as needed.
- Accounting degree with a minimum of 2 years accounts payable experience or high school diploma with an additional 3-4 years of accounts payable experience.
- Knowledge of general accounting practices.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and quality.
- A proven track record of maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of Fund Ez and allocating expenses a plus.
Excellent benefits and competitive salary based on experience. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
All new hires must provide proof of having received at least one dose of a U.S. Food and Drug Administration (“FDA”) authorized COVID-19 vaccine by their first day of employment, and proof of full vaccination within 30 calendar days.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please include “Fiscal Specialist” and your name in subject line.
WHEDco affords all qualified applicants equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, or any other category protected by law. WHEDco follows the requirements of the New York Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.