Job Type: Full-Time.
Experience Level: Advanced
This is an exempt position. Ability to work hybrid of remote and in-office.
Heights and Hills is one of Brooklyn’s largest providers of services to older adults and their families with a mission to promote successful aging in the community. Our growing non-profit organization has an operating budget of approximately $4 million, with assets valued at $2.7 million, a staff of 48, and serves more than 5,000 older adults and their families each year. Our operating budget is comprised of income from a variety of sources including three government contracts, foundations grants, events, and individual donors. Current programs include Case Management for homebound older adults, Caregiver Support Services for families caring for an elderly person, a robust Volunteer Program, and the Park Slope Center for Successful Aging, a community center for individuals aged 60 and better. To learn more about Heights and Hills, please visit: www.heightsandhills.org
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Director of Development (DoD) serves as a key member of Heights and Hills leadership team and active participant in make strategic decisions affecting Heights and Hills. In partnership with the ED, the DoD is responsible for all fundraising, development, and communications. The DoD will work with the ED and Board of Directors to design and implement an overall fundraising and marketing strategy to increase revenue and visibility for the organization. The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a small team environment while maintaining visibility and regular communication with a diverse group of stakeholders. Requires a high-energy, self- starter with strong organizational and time management skills.
• Support and partner with the ED and Board of Directors on all major fundraising initiatives.
• Plan and execute annual fund campaign, identify new strategies and tools to further develop relationships with individual donors with goal of building a major giving program, and develop a planned giving program.
• Develop and manage publicity, marketing, and informational materials for Heights and Hills including the annual appeal, annual report, semi-annual newsletters, website, and social media.
• Actively work with the ED and senior staff to develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy to include corporate, foundation, and individual donors.
• Have primary responsibility to develop and execute proposals to foundations and corporate giving prospects and ensure timely fulfillment of grant reporting obligations.
• Oversee the creation, planning and implementation of annual signature event and one or more smaller fundraisers/cultivation events.
• Manage records and correspondences, including all gift processing, tax receipts, and acknowledgements.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
• Three to five years of progressive experience in multifaceted development work, preferably in a small to medium sized organization.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage and wide range of donors and build long-term relationships.
• Experience creating, planning, and implementing fundraising and cultivation events.
• Fluency in Salesforce or similar CRM as well as working knowledge of WordPress, Canva, Classy, and Constant Contact.
• Self-starter with the ability to be a proactive, flexible, and creative problem solver.
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail with ability to maintain big-picture view
Heights and Hills provides full benefits: Health, Dental, 403B plan, Pension Plan and a generous PTO