Jamaica, NYC based non-profit after school provider needs a highly skilled financial expert to teach stock market skills to middle schools,
HOURS: Part-Time – 20 hours a week
PAY RATE: $30/hr
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Teach stock market simulation courses to middle school students every day during the after-school time slot. This involves being on-site at each of the 4 partner schools (three in Queens, one in Brooklyn) once a week and teaching middle schoolers how to invest in the stock market as well as other financial literacy skills.
Work closely with the Chief Program Office and Site Director to deliver excellent stock market education classes
Work closely with the Marketing Coordinator to communicate the financial empowerment initiatives.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
- Passionate about financial literacy
- Experience with Robinhood or similar platform
MUST ALSO POSSESS:
- Strong work ethic, results-oriented, get it done attitude
- Personal interest in the mission of Harriman
- Motivating positive personal style
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Track record of working as a team and helping to create a team-oriented work environment.
- Ability to build relationships among managers, coworkers and employees
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, communication, time management and task management
- Takes initiative
- Dependable, reliable and prompt
- Professional appearance and conduct
Staff members are subject to random drug testing throughout the school year.
Face masks are required at all times and the COVID policies of the program must be followed. By NYC DOE mandate, proof of COVID vaccination is required.