Operations Manager will coordinate and oversee our organization’s operations by facilitating the development, implementation and maintenance of standard operating procedures (SOPs) throughout various departments in the agency. Operations Manager is responsible of formulating strategy, improving performance, procuring material and resources and securing compliance throughout the various agency programs and departments along with being responsible for all aspects of tenant relations and housing management. Operations Manager will be responsible for ensuring that grant reports related to field of work are complete and accurate, and supports the acquisition of new program grants through opportunity research and application drafting. Additional projects may be assigned to support the growth and development of the newly-established Neighborhood Revitalization Department which includes housing, outreach and the development of the neighborhood plan. Work is performed under direction of the Chief Operations Officer.
• Ensure all operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way
• Facilitate the development of the Standard Operating Procedures manual. Work to ensure manual remains current.
• As business needs change, research systems to assist agency in implementing SOPs efficiently.
• Ensure implementation of SOPs at various campus locations and within various departments by conducting trainings and providing hands on support as needed
• Manage vendor profiles and relations for all external vendors across various departments to ensure complete and compliant profiles.
• Purchase materials, plan inventory and oversee procurement efficiency
• Manage campus access, security and campus operations schedules based on program calendars.
• Conduct weekly campus walk-throughs to ensure quality upkeep, adequate supplies, and general compliance across programs and campus.
• Manage all administrative functions related to property management to ensure orderly, efficient workflow. Including but not limited to new tenant orientation, lease renewals, and inspections.
• Coordinate with the Executive Assistant to communicate logistics and updates as needed to tenants.
• Functions as the primary liaison with external entities as needed as it relates to housing or facilities.
• Create and maintain new procedural systems as needed to automate and improve property management (i.e. regular inspections, work orders, tenant cloud, etc.)
• Function as a member of the Leadership Team
Buildings and Grounds:
• Support the Buildings and Grounds Department with administrative functions to ensure proper documentation and record keeping in conjunction with the Buildings and Grounds Foreman. Not limited to but including building security, vendor management, vehicles and campus upkeep.
• Digital maintenance of all facility documents
• Ensure all certificates, inspections, and licenses are current
• Serve as back up to the Building and Grounds Foreman as needed
Neighborhood Revitalization Department:
• Support neighborhood plan development as needed.
• Assist with special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field; or, at least, three (3) years of experience in a comparable role.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Confident, positive attitude, and ability to multi-task.
• Ability to manage time-sensitive projects and reprioritize to meet deadlines
• Ability to interact with a wide range of people, build and maintain relationships, and maintain a healthy and functional work environment within division.
• Ability to prioritize, facilitate, and delegate tasks using logic, diplomacy, and with expediency.
• Must be proficient in MS Office Suite.
Job description information reflects proposed or incumbent job responsibilities. The information presented, while not an exact or exhaustive listing, describes the work, performance standards, and qualifications typically required of positions or employees in this job; as such they are subject to change.
Unified Vailsburg Services Organization (UVSO) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any potential job candidate or employee on the basis of race, creed, color, sexual orientation, national origin, or gender.