Ironbound Community Corporation – Fiscal Department
317 Elm Street Newark, NJ 07105
Title: Chief Financial Officer
Hours: 35 hours/week
Type of position:
☒ Full-time ☐ Consultant/Contractor
☐ Part-time ☐ Intern
The Ironbound Community Corporation (ICC) is a 53-year old nonprofit organization whose mission is to engage and empower individuals, families, and groups in realizing their aspirations and, together, work to create a just, vibrant, and sustainable community. ICC strives to address the needs of our diverse, multi-lingual, multi-cultural community. Today, ICC serves more than 1,000 children and families every day with a wide range of programs and services. ICC also strengthens communities through advocacy, neighborhood organizing, community development initiatives and family services.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Perform grant-related pre and post-award functions, including budget and expense analysis, periodic invoicing, financial reporting, labor distribution changes, reconciliations, re-budgeting and grant closeout functions.
· Prepare accurate and timely financial reports to funders.
· Prepare accurate and timely financial reports on grants for internal management purposes.
· Key personnel to Directors and Managers on funder billings
· Work proactively with program staff to understand needs and changes in the program’s operations, and initiate all budget modifications collaboratively.
· Review invoices and provide account codes, when appropriate, for proper accounting.
· Produce budget and expense analysis report.
· Conduct budget meetings monthly/quarterly with programs.
· Prepare and distribute periodic invoices for project reimbursement.
· Review monthly financial results and communicate with appropriate program staff the financial position of the program.
· Coordinate with the accounting staff to process journal entries to various projects if needed.
· Prepare monthly close entries not limited to accounts receivable entries, adjusting entries, monthly close entries reconciliation entries and salary re-class.
· Ensure compliance of grants and contributions with GAAP and funder requirements.
· Perform internal audits for grants.
· Assist CFO with yearly budget preparation.
· Maintain a master calendar/tracking system of all reporting deadlines for contracts and grants and ensure timely submission of reports, ensuring all funder financial reporting are in compliance and up-to-date.
· Follow up on any outstanding receivables older than 30 days.
· Prepare schedules as required for yearly programmatic and consolidated audits
· Knowledge of governmental accounting principles and procedures along with the ability to apply such knowledge to accounting transactions.
· Understanding and experience with the OMB Circulars and other federal and state regulations.
· Assist in the continuing effort to make the accounting function more efficient by identifying areas for improvement and work with the CFO to implement accounting “best practices”.
· Perform other duties as required
JOB SPECIFICATIONS OR QUALIFICATIONS, SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
● Accounting degree or related field preferred.
● MUST have 3 to 5 years non for profit accounting and grant accounting experience.
● Abila/Sage MIP or similar accounting software experience preferred
● Microsoft Office products, Excel, Word and PowerPoint experience.
● Strong interpersonal and analytical skills, highly organized, and motivated.
● Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
● Knowledge of A-133 audit.
ICC is animated by a core group of values, including mutual respect, empathy, fairness and transparency, commitment to excellence, and accountability.
Mutual Respect: We accept the importance of each person’s rights, customs and wishes. We are courteous and supportive in all of our interactions with clients and colleagues. Examples of this value in action are:
Empathy: We strive to understand what others are experiencing and feeling by trying to see things from their perspectives. We are willing to give our time and energy to the community and are constantly searching for ways to improve the lives of those we serve. Examples of this value in action are:
Fairness and Transparency: We are committed to authentic, two-way communication, willing to listen without judgment and, with respect, express our point of view. We cherish diversity and inclusiveness, embracing the community with its input and feedback. Examples of this value in action are:
Commitment to Excellence: We provide the highest quality service possible, earning trust and exceeding expectations. We continuously learn from experience. We approach challenges with creativity and flexibility. Examples of this value in action are:
Accountability: We are responsible for the quality and outcomes of the programs we provide, for explaining why deviations from reasonable expectations may have occurred, and for responding responsibly at all times, especially when errors in behavior or judgment have happened. Examples of this value in action are:
ICC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to further building and maintaining a staff that reflects the full range and diversity of our community. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our community members, but we also strive for the same in our employees. ICC is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are looking for a diverse applicant pool and strongly encourage women of color, persons with disabilities, immigrants, members of the LGBTQ community, and people from low-income and working-class backgrounds to apply.
Salary range/Hourly for this position is ($60,000 to $70,000) commensurate with experience. ICC offers a competitive compensation package including health benefits, generous time off policy, and 403(b) plan.
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to ffel[email protected] with the subject line “Senior Accountant”