Are you passionate professional, experienced in scaling partner networks for social good? Candid has an exciting partner recruitment opportunity for you!
Position: Network Engagement Manager
Reporting to: Director of Network Engagement
Location: Flexible (preference given to candidates in the Western or Midwestern USA)
Candid has an unparalleled network of 500+ partners that make the world a better place by providing access to our tools and resources to nonprofits, contributing to an in-network community of practice, and serving as a feedback loop on how our offerings can most effectively fuel their impact. Our 2030 vision calls for a scaling of Candid’s two formal network programs: the Funding Information Network and Community Foundation Insights. The Network Engagement Manager is part of a dynamic team that leads partner recruitment and retention efforts for these programs. This position plays a crucial role in fulfilling Candid’s mission of getting people the information they need to do good by actively listening to community/partner needs, contributing to the evolution of network offerings, and ambitiously scaling the network scope and size to ensure Candid’s resources reach the communities and people that need it the most.
• In collaboration with Director of Network Engagement and partner recruitment team, inform annual strategy and ambitious targets related to partner growth and retention.
• Design and drive creative partnership recruitment efforts by building relationships with social sector organizations, identifying local community needs, and demonstrating how Candid’s network programs can best meet them.
• Consistently generate and pursue new leads through outreach and networking, and turn them into long-term partnerships.
• Negotiate agreements, ensure a smooth onboarding experience for new partners, and maintain partnership account records.
• Identify/attend key convenings and pursue public speaking opportunities to amplify recruitment efforts; demonstrate products and services to prospective partners in group or individual settings.
• Identify upsell and cross-sell opportunities for existing partners in collaboration with colleagues.
• Serve as an enthusiastic, internal spokesperson for Candid’s network programs.
• Conduct annual partner account reviews to evaluate needs and satisfaction and ensure retention.
• Maintain a pulse on sector trends while leaning into best practices on network recruitment from other industries.
• Listen intently and genuinely; obtain feedback on network, program, or product improvements.
• Participate in and support partner engagement and operations initiatives with an “all-hands-on-deck” spirit as needed.
• Strong representative of Candid’s core values: We’re driven, direct, accessible, curious, and inclusive.
• Personable, quick thinker, and savvy network builder.
• Self-motivated and goal-oriented project manager.
• Demonstrated ability to work well with diverse constituencies and an ability to build strong relationships with senior level stakeholders.
• Comfortable communicating in-person, as well as through video conferencing, phone, and email.
• Willingness to travel up to 40% of the time and ability to collaborate with colleagues and stakeholders across a range of time zones.
• Flexibility to manage change effectively.
• Sensitivity and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural differences.
• Willingness to perform other duties and special projects as needed/requested.
• 3-5 years of experience as account executive or territory manager (member engagement, customer service, prospecting).
• 3-5 years of proven track record in business development, fundraising, or sales.
• Broad knowledge of the nonprofit sector and philanthropy.
• Proven ability to meet or exceed revenue goals.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Previous experience with public speaking, and a facility for delivering presentations to groups both in-person and online.
• Aptitude for using current technology such as Salesforce CRM, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Microsoft SharePoint, WordPress, JIRA, and Tableau .
• Understanding of public and academic libraries, nonprofit resource centers, or community foundations .
• College degree strongly preferred; equivalent experience will also be considered.
See the world. Make it better.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, we connect people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Our data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
On February 1, 2019, Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
How to apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
For more information on positions available at Candid, please visit our website: https://candid.org/about/work-at-candid
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.