Bi-lingual Spanish Test & Trace Outreach Worker
CIANA is looking for passionate, outgoing, and experienced Outreach Workers to participate in our Test & Trace (T2) education/outreach efforts for COVID-19. In conjunction with NYC Health & Hospitals Corp, CIANA will be educating our local communities on the importance of wearing masks, social distancing, testing and getting the COVID vaccine. In addition, we are also doing community outreach for NYC Care healthcare access program and Hurricane Ida recovery efforts. We are looking for culturally competent experienced workers to go into the community, hand out fliers, table at events and fairs, and complete other outreach tasks as necessary, in order to inform community members of the importance maintaining social distance, getting tested regularly and getting the vaccine.
The Center for the Integration & Advancement of New Americans (CIANA) is a social services organization that works to integrate new immigrants from South Asia, the Middle East, North Africa, and Latin America into the socio-economic and civic life of American society while maintaining pride in their cultural heritage.
• Fluent in Spanish
• Experience with community involvement and/or outreach for political campaigns, community events, etc.
• Public speaking and interpersonal communication skills
• Keen awareness of immigration news and issues impacting immigrant communities
• Knowledge of the COVID-19 virus
• Occasional weekend and evening availability
• Comfortability with advocacy and mobilization
• Knowledge of Queens (Astoria in particular) its immigrant population, and related topics is a huge plus!
For more information, please visit CIANA’s website at www.cianainc.org or check out our social media at @cianainc.