Unified Vailsburg Services Organization seeks an energetic, entrepreneurial, and highly organized professional to serve as Communications and Development Associate. This new position to the agency will play a central role in supporting and growing UVSO’s fundraising, outreach, and organizational visibility.
The Communications and Development Associate will report to the Chief Operations Officer with a dotted line to the Executive Director and will also work closely with the Outreach Manager and the UVSO leadership team. The individual will be responsible for developing and managing content across all UVSO’s editorial and digital channels, as well as assisting with vendor management in relation to collateral, event planning and messaging support for fundraising activities.
The Communications and Development Associate will raise the visibility of UVSO by leading the implementation of an online outreach strategy that will include the organization’s website, social media, email channels, and implementing and enforcing brand guidelines. This is a great opportunity for a creative professional to develop fresh campaigns and help UVSO establish a strong brand identity.
· Manage vendors related to print, publications and design, including managing the production process from conceptualization to dissemination
· Draft and edit compelling digital and print content for a variety of channels as needed.
· Copy edit UVSO’s public facing documents—reports, official correspondence, and newsletters— as needed
· Ensure consistent implementation of brand guidelines
· Develop and execute a comprehensive communications strategy. Track, monitor and report on goals and the performance of all channels
· Work with the leadership team on the development of a communications calendar based on existing programming
· Function as a member of the Leadership Team
· Manage website updates and the development of new landing pages, blog post and other online platforms needed.
· Serve as team leader on selected projects and initiatives
· Collaborate on event planning during major programs and partner events by drafting speaker invitations and briefings, creating tickets sales and/or registration forms drafting talking points for Senior Leadership, and live-social sharing during the event.
· Leverage communication strategies to expand and diversify UVSO’s audiences
· Assist Operations Manager with all aspects of the Neighborhood Plan Development communications and collateral
· Other duties as assigned
· Support the Executive Director with grant applications, including be not limited to grant research, grant preparation, and grant writing.
· Assist in the creation of a resource development plan, that includes the creation of an individual donor strategy
· Support grants administration
· Collaborate with the Outreach Manager to recruit and manage volunteers as needed for special events.
· Bachelor’s Degree Communications. Marketing or related field
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Confident, positive attitude, ability to multi-task and work independently.
· Ability to manage time-sensitive projects and reprioritize to meet deadlines
· Ability to maintain a healthy and functional work environment
· Minimum of 2+ years of fundraising experience across a range of activities, including special events, individual giving, membership, sponsorship, and grant-writing
· Proven ability to draft clear and compelling messages across platforms and audiences, from donor correspondence to social media and press releases.
· A desire to collaborate and build systems
· Ability to initiate and maintain relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders including: Board members, donors, and program partners
· Must be both a strategic thinker and detail oriented
· Fluency in MS Office 365 and WordPress
· High level proficiency with online video conferencing platforms including MS Teams
· Ability to attend events in the evening and some weekends
· Track record of successful donor engagement, from prospect research to solicitation to stewardship
· Experience coordinating a variety of events, from intimate gatherings to large-scale galas
· Demonstrated track record growing audience on social media
· Knowledge of fundraising platforms is preferred
· Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite or other design software is highly desired.