The Director of Development will play a key role in working with the ULEC team and stakeholders to carry out a robust development and
communications plan that includes raising revenue from a diverse mix of individual, corporate, institutional foundations, and the organization’s annual event. The Director of Development will assist with the production, event marketing, and fundraising for the annual gala and will conceptualize and help implement donor cultivation events.
• Steward existing relationships to ensure that donors, partners, and funders are giving increased amounts, year after year.
• Conduct research to identify high-net worth individuals and corporations to support the growth campaign and the organization’s fundraising appeals and special events.
• Forge new relationships to build ULEC’s visibility and secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations.
• Work with the team to conceptualize and implement fundraising campaigns
• Oversee digital email strategies including social media, and e-news.
• Ensure the website and public education and marketing materials are timely
• Help with identification of new foundation opportunities and framing the content of foundation proposals and reports.
• Cultivate relationships with program officers and corporate executive to leverage fundraising.
• Conceptualize and implement a corporate giving program that offers volunteer opportunities, in-kind support, corporate foundation grants, and sponsorship.
• Work collaboratively with CEO, providing complete and accurate activity reports and revenue.
• Oversee donor data management and ensure that donor database is being used effectively.
• Oversee donation processing, acknowledgement, tracking, reporting, and reconciliation with Finance.
• Serve as an ambassador for ULEC at external events, including presenting on the organization and making direct asks.
• All other responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in development, business administration, marketing, or related field preferred.
• 7+ years of development, fundraising, communications, and management experience in a non-profit setting.
• Proven track record of securing gifts that have increased in size over time
• Comfort making direct asks of individuals and corporate representatives.
• A deep appreciation for ULEC’s work, mission, and the population it serves.
• Experience in Board, committee, and volunteer management.
• Excellent project management skills and facility for motivating and helping to guide cross-departmental teams
• Willingness and ability to manage tasks independently, supported by weekly
meetings with CEO.
• Excellent team player open to working in a fluid, fast-paced environment with the ability to be flexible and adjust to claiming demands.
• Proven participation and ability to work collaboratively with internal team members and management staff for the purposes of achieving goals/objectives.
• Solid writing and researching skills; and great attention to detail.
• Ability to manage multiple projects under deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Critical thinker, analytical, and detail-oriented.
• Creative, bold, and ambitious.
• Great public speaker and strategic thinker.