The Director of the Early Childhood envisions and supervises the implementation of the Ramapo for Children early childhood programs for infants through children age 5. An essential role of the Director is to implement core values, vision, and purpose and to articulate these concepts with administrators, teachers, and parents. The director is responsible for the design and implementation of an integrated, developmentally appropriate curriculum in an environment that maximizes the opportunities for growth and enrichment for each child. In addition, the Director fosters a nurturing and engaging atmosphere that reflects respect and compassion that is supportive of and accessible to children, families, and staff.
- Oversee and coordinate all operations of the Ramapo for Children Early Childhood programs including private tuition nursery program, 3K, PreK For All, Mommy and Me classes, and family engagement programs and initiatives for families with children under 5 years old.
- Supervision, training, and evaluation of all early childhood employees both full time and part-time including teachers, instructors, and support staff.
- Including monitoring lesson plans, observing classrooms, suggesting techniques, facilitating teacher partnerships, and creating integrated curriculums.
- Plan and implement annual staff orientation, staff meetings, and staff professional development opportunities.
- Facilitate, oversee, and monitor registration and enrollment for all programs for children under 5 years old.
- Including working collaboratively with Ramapo for Children marketing professionals to develop and distribute promotional information and publicity campaigns.
- Responsible for communicating with parents regarding their child’s progress, developmental or behavioral concerns, and/or appropriate needs.
- Work with Early Intervention Specialists to coordinate parents and resources; make appropriate referrals for additional services, as needed.
- Be accessible to parents, children, and staff on a daily basis as the representative of the Ramapo for Children and the Early Childhood program; provide the highest level of customer service to all customers.
- Responsible for maintaining satisfactory compliance in safety standards, license issues, and health matters.
- Responsible for communication and implementation together with teachers of DOE 3K and Pre-K for All curriculum, standards, and other educational and operational program aspects.
- MA in Early Childhood, Elementary Education, or similar field required
State Education Department teacher certification in early childhood education or equivalent certification
- Certified in First Aid, CPR, & Mandated Reporting (Child Abuse) – Ramapo for Children can help renew these certifications
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the field of early childhood.
- Have excellent written English and oral communication skills
RAMAPO FOR CHILDREN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
$70,000.00 per year